cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - No Internet Connection Message

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/3/2020:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to report your experience with the no internet connection message and for providing the Roku report tracker information. This has been very helpful. 

We're working with Roku to resolve this issue. New updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available. 

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
50 Replies

privately
Underground

I was talking with my network guy and he wondered whether this is somehow ISP related - i.e. that the pandora app does something odd that the ISP doesn't like. Might be worth a look.

I am on ATT (through Sonic). How about  @buffalohead,  @tacobravo, @weedpeople, @RenoSkier, who are your ISPs?

0 Kudos

tacobravo
Local Performer

i also have att (uverse 8 mbps through dsl extreme).  router is a bgw210. 

0 Kudos

buffalohead
Underground

Roku TV 7108X

TCL Model 55C803

Serial # YSOOXV731827

Software 9.4.0 build 4190-30

Pandora build info not available. When I highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key, a pop up says I am not connected to the internet but I am.

Tracker issue ID 27-474-924

Serial # YSOOXV731827 (9WF77X731827)

0 Kudos

buffalohead
Underground

Interesting. I am on ATT and have been for years.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @tacobravo! 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for calling out that trend @privately @tacobravo and @buffalohead!

I've updated my report to our engineers calling this out. We've also reached out to Roku for further help. 

I'll make an update in this thread when I receive any new info. 

Thanks again for your patience! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

accident-prone
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on a TCL Roku TV. I also have ATT for my wireless.

0 Kudos

aquatic
Local Performer

This is obviously a systematic issue. I just bought another roku to see if that would make a difference and exactly the same issue right out of the box 

0 Kudos

path742
Local Performer

I have had the same problem as last post 11/23/20.  Roku Pandora app states no Internet connection.  It has connection.  I have deleted and rebooted.  I have reported problem to Roku

IMG_0830.jpg

0 Kudos

path742
Local Performer

I have had the same problem as last post 11/23/20.  Roku Pandora app states no Internet connection.  It has connection.  It will occasionally connect for one song, then report error.   I have deleted and rebooted.  I have reported problem to Roku

IMG_0830.jpg

 Issue Report Tracker

Model: 4200X- ROKU 3

Serial Number : 1GH357094549

Software version 9.4 0   * build4190-04

Timestamp: 2020-12-01T16:40:08Z

Please use issue ID 49-483-400 to report issue

My software is up to date.  

0 Kudos

MLeann
Local Performer

Unable to listen to Pandora on Roku, as it keeps giving me the error, "not connected to the internet" along with another error I cannot recall that does not reference the internet at all.  

I have no internet issues, nor any issues with any other apps on Roku.  Also, I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions that I could find online.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

MLeann
Local Performer

I would also like to note that the Pandora app (on my Roku) does not provide the ability to remove the app from my list, unlike all of the other apps.  This is the only troubleshooting advise that I was unable to try, as this option is missing from the list.  

Thank you to all that responded!

0 Kudos

privately
Underground

@path742  , @aquatic , @MLeann who is your ISP? We checked last week and most of us with this problem (in this thread) have AT&T. seems to be a problem in the interaction among the pandora app/Roku/AT&T.

0 Kudos

privately
Underground

@TannerPandora - its been a week. Any update?

0 Kudos

path742
Local Performer

I have AT&T as well.  

0 Kudos

MLeann
Local Performer

I just switched to AT&T (installed fiber optic) a couple months ago and prior to this, I was with Comcast.  It has worked fine up until the last couple of days.  

Recently it continues to give me a blank screen and/or asks me to login.  Once logged in, I start to receive the error code again.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MLeann! Thanks for posting.

Do you have more than one Pandora account? I'm not seeing a Roku device attached to this Pandora account. 

Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Also, which ISP are you using?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Patrick4
Local Performer

I have the same problem on 2 Roku boxes. I have AT&T as well. Tried all the reset/reboot things, no help.

Time to cancel Pandora??

0 Kudos

agremett
Local Performer

I am seeing the same internet message even though all other Roku apps are working.

Model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

SN - YH0014389271

SW 9.4.0 build 4190-50

timestamp - 2020-12-03T03:55:53z

Issue ID 71-485-515

0 Kudos

MLeann
Local Performer

Hello,

I have had the same account, associated with the same email address for many, many years.  I have made sure to check updates, etc. as well.   Also, I am subscribed to Pandora Plus via Roku. 

Model:  4606X - Roku Ultra
Serial #:  YP005F076547
Version:  9.4.0  build 4190-29
ISP:  AT&T  (recently switched from Comcast a couple of months ago)

I received an email from Pandora (Daily Digest) this morning, which I have never received before and do not recall signing up for.  The information is contradictory as well, as it states that it is my 5 year anniversary and below this a 1 year anniversary. 

I'm not sure what to make of any of this and I'm still unable to connect.  If I do, it will play 1-3 songs and then give the same error again. 

Any insight would be appreciated.  

Thanks you!

0 Kudos