cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku: Playback stops with Unexpected Error

Lgrab
Local Performer

I know this has been brought up before.  I’ve tried removing app,  restarting system and reinstalling app.  No luck.   I cant even get to point where I log in.  Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Lgrab 

Welcome to community!

Sounds like you've already tried some troubleshooting steps. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review.

Can you let me know the following info:

• What is the Roku model?
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Emissary35
Local Performer

Having the same issue. I click the Pandora app on my new Roku Express 4K and I get the Unexpected Error nonsense. I can't even get to the login page. The Roku forum is no help, they have offered no solutions and one of the Roku moderators even tried to blame this error on Pandora since you guys write the Roku channel. It seems something in the Pandora app is conflicting with the hardware in this particular Roku device.

Pandora you need to reach out to Roku and discuss this problem and both of you come up with a solution. So far neither Roku nor Pandora has come up with a fix and each company pointing the finger at the other will never solve the problem and only hurt customers. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps they don't work! Pandora please figure this out and make it a top priority.

0 Kudos

Buggman
Local Performer

I recently upgraded my old Roku player with an Express 4K+ and when I try to use the Pandora channel I keep getting the message “Unexpected error  An unexpected error has occurred.  Please try again.”  I have deleted the app, rebooted the Roku device, reinstalled the app and I still get this error.  The version of the Pandora Roku app I have is Version 6.5 build 0   I have no problem with Pandora on the other Roku players in my home. 

0 Kudos