cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - Slow load time

mack1x
Underground

Past 2 weeks my Pandora Service associated to my Roku device and Roku television, takes over 4 minutes to load on each device! When it finally loads, there is sometimes at least a 2 minute lag between songs it has taken longer as with changing channels. I've performed every suggestion posted, I've rebooted, I've reinstalled, I've logged-in from the device and the web and I've switched from 2.4 to 5G routing to no avail. The issue is only with my Roku devices, my Android phones have no issue, my Chromecast has no issue!

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

@mack1x  Thanks for trying!

I'm going to remove the device association and have you go through the set-up once more. I do see a Roku player associated with this account but I'm not seeing a Roku TV. As far as recent TVs show, I see an Android TV from 2020. 

Is it possible that you have another account that your Roku TV is associated with?

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed the Roku device that I do see on your account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. 

Try going through the set-up process once more and I do recommend trying the network troubleshooting steps that I mentioned above, if you haven't already. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mack1x! Thanks for posting your experience.

I've started a trace on your Pandora account to help investigate. Is your Roku connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

It sounds like you've already tried some troubleshooting, but I'd like to have you try a few things while the trace is enabled on your account.

Before we begin, please try rebooting your network connection. 

1. Shut down your Roku completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait five minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Roku back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

mack1x
Underground
I performed the shutdown procedure, the systems load however, I receive the error message (Unexpected error) to try again ! When I try again several attempts on both the television and the device, the messages continue!
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@mack1x  Thanks for trying!

I'm going to remove the device association and have you go through the set-up once more. I do see a Roku player associated with this account but I'm not seeing a Roku TV. As far as recent TVs show, I see an Android TV from 2020. 

Is it possible that you have another account that your Roku TV is associated with?

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed the Roku device that I do see on your account. When this takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. 

Try going through the set-up process once more and I do recommend trying the network troubleshooting steps that I mentioned above, if you haven't already. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mack1x
Underground
My systems are working. Thank you

TannerPandora

Hooray! 🙌🏻 Glad to hear it, @mack1x! Have a great rest of your Thursday! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos