cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV: Exit app to TV’s Apps Homepage

Jtconte
Underground

We listen to Pandora using our Samsung 82RU8000 TV. The TV has the latest FW update: 1374. The Pandora app is the latest: 3.0.0. We can pause Pandora but not Exit the app and get back to the Samsung apps homepage to choose something else. Pausing and selecting Exit/Return brings you to the My Collection page but selecting Exit/Return again does nothing. There are no selections at the top of this page to Exit. All the other apps we use allow you to Exit and return to the Samsung apps homepage. Pandora on Roku allows you to exit properly but not the Samsung TV app. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Jtconte! Thanks for posting your experience with your Samsung TV

Manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application on their devices. Some devices may lack similar functionality you'd find on others, like Roku. 

Samsung offers about 8 varieties of remotes and the functionality varies depending on the TV, in most cases, using the 'Home' button should return you to either the menu or live TV.  

In the meantime, I've passed on your feedback to our products team. I would also recommend creating a Feature Request, this is the best way to get feedback or ideas heard.  

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jtconte! Thanks for posting your experience with your Samsung TV

Manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application on their devices. Some devices may lack similar functionality you'd find on others, like Roku. 

Samsung offers about 8 varieties of remotes and the functionality varies depending on the TV, in most cases, using the 'Home' button should return you to either the menu or live TV.  

In the meantime, I've passed on your feedback to our products team. I would also recommend creating a Feature Request, this is the best way to get feedback or ideas heard.  

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

healthalain
Local Performer

really?   want to hear from my Samsung tv, Alexa and google play

need instructions asap

0 Kudos

Jtconte
Underground

Thanks for the reply. Which is more likely to initiate a fix- reporting this to Samsung or creating a Feature Request?

We have other sources connected via HDMI to a NAD T 778 AVR. The Samsung TV is connected to the AVR’s video out. We use the Samsung TV’s streaming apps and utilize ARC for the sound. Because the Samsung Pandora does not provide an Exit, it prevents the AVR from switching from ARC mode to another input device. While the the Samsung’s remote Home button does bring you to the Apps menu screen, Pandora is still showing in the background, paused, which is not true for other apps. We have to choose another Samsung app like YouTube, etc. and then exit that app in order to change to another source like Blu-ray, etc..

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

1E
Underground

i have same problem with pandora app

0 Kudos

rpopeszku
Local Performer

I have the same problem with the Pandora App version 3.0.0. This seems to be an integration issue that needs to be resolved by your product development team and Samsung. This is NOT something your customers should have to deal with. 

0 Kudos

sfp
Local Performer

Same problem.  Pandora has no interest in fixing this because they will lose money from all of the songs that still get played for hours under our ID's that we don't even listen to because we left (not exited) the app on our TV

I wonder who pays Pandora for each song played.  They would sure be interested in having Pandora fix this.

0 Kudos