Samsung TV: No Sound

rayjaq
Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
249 Replies

RK_Edwards
Local Performer

I was having the exact same problem and nothing fixed it until I factory reset my TV and now it works perfectly fine again. Maybe give that a try.

0 Kudos

mlptampa2
Underground

Same issue with no sound, won't play albums or songs. Samsung QLED 50 with Spectrum. There have been a lot of issues lately. Getting very frustrated. Phone app works great...TV not so much. Have installed and reinstalled but does not help.

0 Kudos

Surferr
Local Performer

Same issue on my Samsung but what's weird is the ads play.

Same problem with my Samsung but the ads play fine & the music is mute. The sound bar next to the song name is dancing but the duration timeline on the bottom reads zero. Pandora works fine through Alexa and other tvs in my house. Spectrum router via Ethernet. Samsung UN55MU800D. 

Rebooted everything. Deleted and reinstalled Pandora app. 

What to do next ?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TJean84
Local Performer

So I'm having the same issue with my 82" Samsung TV. If I hit skip over and over it will eventually play or replay over and over it will eventually play. EVERYTHING is updated on my TV and the App. Then when next song plays, its a 50/50 if that song will play.

Pandora works great on my Samsung phone though 🤷‍

0 Kudos

Redtrouble
Local Performer

@TannerPandora here with another Samsung TV/no sound issue, is this still ongoing or is there a fix. I’ve tried working with Samsung and all the online ways I can find online to fix the issue, but nothing works. I was going to try going back to Pandora but not if it doesn’t work on my TV,

0 Kudos

Redtrouble
Local Performer

Model UN75TU7000BXZA

Suddenlink

Arris TG2482A modem

all other apps work

@TannerPandora 

0 Kudos

Nic010205
Local Performer

Is there a real solution to this at this point? I cant get it to work on my TV either

0 Kudos

Nvisiblegrrl
Local Performer

I have a Samsung Q60TAFXZA that has software version 2201 that the Pandora app will no longer play on. Has been working fine for months then just in the last few days has stopped. 

my ISP is AT&T and I use their model BGW320 modem/router via Wi-Fi. I am unable to connect an Ethernet cord directly to my TV. How can I get Pandora back. I pay for the service but now I’m unable to use it. 

0 Kudos

jeanmichelchoqu
Underground
Keep asking them to solve the problem for zillions of us…

Get Outlook for iOS
0 Kudos

Nvisiblegrrl
Local Performer

@TannerPandora 

Samsung Q60TAFXZA
software version 2201
ISP is AT&T
Model BGW320 modem/router via Wi-Fi. I am unable to connect an Ethernet cord directly to my TV

i have removed app and reinstalled

i have restarted modem

i have factory reset my TV

nothing works!  I pay for a subscription that I can now no longer use on my preferred device. 

0 Kudos

thefiremeister
Underground

Samsung TV stopped playing Pandora.  Worked for a few years on the TV and then stopped.  That was with Frontier and have recently changed ISPs. Same problem.  Pandora works on all other devices including being hard wired in the modem that the TV is plugged into.  Just the TV does not play.

The screen has the little music bars bouncing around and the "album cover" but no audio.  some times you an cycle the pause play a few time and it will play one to two songs and stop.  then cycling the pause stop does nothing.  Little music bars bounce around the whole time. 

Have deleted the app and defaulted the TV more that once.  Talked with Samsung tech support and they gave up.  Said we had tried every thing they knew of.  i tried it all again. 

what do you think? 

Model Number QN65Q80TAF

ISP is skyfiber running at about 40-50 meg

0 Kudos

Rdmothena
Underground
The Samsung version of Pandora is circa 2016 and I suspect Pandora has switched to a compression that the Samsung version of Pandora won’t use.  I will bet Samsung wants Pandora to update it for free and Pandora isn’t playing. My educated gues since my Roku works, fire stick works, Sonos sound bar works, Alexa and google work, my IOS and Android apps work.  Samsung TV nada.
0 Kudos

Nvisiblegrrl
Local Performer
Thanks for that. Unfortunately everyone except Samsung loses if that's the
case. Because it won't work for the method I use it the most (literally
90%) then I've cancelled my subscription. I like Pandora and I would love
to keep using.

Grrl
0 Kudos

PixiLady
Local Performer

I have the Samsung smart TV 7

Modem-Model E31U2V1

Router- Model RAC2V1S

Using wifi

Spectrum

The bars at the top move as if it's playing but there's no other indication. I've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling. Updating. Everything.

0 Kudos

TXChavo
Local Performer

I noticed both my Samsung TVs with the same Pandora issue as all of the above. Looks like the Pandora team is giving up. What is the latest? 

0 Kudos

Rdmothena
Underground
I received an update to my Samsung TV and it fixed the Pandora issue. Check
and see if there is an update for your TV.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

TXChavo
Local Performer

Thanks for the reply. I did an update to one TV and it started playing for a couple of songs then went on 'mute' again. I skipped to the next choice and it started again. There was no update available for my main larger Samsung but I tried Pandora and it started playing. I doubt it will be continuous though. Well see. There is definitely some type of bug.

0 Kudos

CO1234567
Local Performer

Samsung Frame TV displays Pandora but no sound.  I don't see a resolution posted in this thread. Assuming this remains an ongoing issue.  I have reset the tv/ re-installed and updated TV software, uninstalled and re-installed Pandora.. Hours of troubleshooting with no resolution.

0 Kudos

thefiremeister
Underground

Seems like Samsung and Pandora have decide to give us all a big to bad for you.   No attempt to resolve anything.

0 Kudos

Nvisiblegrrl
Local Performer

Updated the TV to the latest software version but nothing has changed. 😞

would really like Samsung to FIX THIS!!!!!!!

0 Kudos