cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos - No longer able to shuffle

Win
Local Performer

I'm not exactly sure when this issue started but I have a feeling that it either started with a recent Sonos controller update, iOS 15x or OSX 12.x update. I have about 10 stations in my Pandora paid account. I like to shuffle these stations and play them through my Sonos system. I have 3 Sonos speakers but only one is shuffled among the 10. The others are selected to one specific Pandora station. This keeps the "more than one person is listening" warning to come up. The issue is: I can no longer shuffle stations on the one speaker. There appears to be some confusion on my part as to where I should initiate the shuffle. Should it be on my iPhone 11 Sonos app? Should it be on the iPhone Pandora app? Should it be initiated on the respective Mac (T1 silicon) Pandora website, or Sonos website? I'm clueless in Georgia! Can someone offer suggestions or help? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Win! Welcome to community. 

I checked your Pandora account and I do see the 10 stations on your account. However, it doesn't show any Stations have been selected for Shuffle.

To test, I've gone ahead and selected Shuffle All stations. Can you try your Sonos again and let me know if it's still not working. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Win! Welcome to community. 

I checked your Pandora account and I do see the 10 stations on your account. However, it doesn't show any Stations have been selected for Shuffle.

To test, I've gone ahead and selected Shuffle All stations. Can you try your Sonos again and let me know if it's still not working. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Win
Local Performer
Well, maybe I’m doing it wrong. I didn’t know one had to select all of the channels to shuffle. I assumed (**ahem** u me!) that all stations would be shuffled if I selected shuffle. Would I do that on the Pandora or the Sonos app on the iPhone or the Sonos app on my T1 Mac? Thanks for the prompt response. Not just good service but sudden service!

Winston

"I’m very active. I’m restless. I can’t
stand feelin’ bored. I got more guts
than I got talent, but I got enough
talent to back it up.” - Dolly Parton,
country music singer & actress
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Win - You should be able to customize your Shuffle selection or select Shuffle All. It's often easiest to make your Shuffle selection through the Pandora app, either on your mobile device or web, and it should carry over to the Sonos app. Alternatively, you can do all of that and control your Sonos device directly from the Pandora app.

Looks like you're using an iOS device with a Plus subscription. You should be able to use the following steps below to select your stations for shuffle from the Pandora app.

PANDORA APP ON MOBILE:

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Plus Listeners: Swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Don't forget to tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos