cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos: Playing music continually

leslieBoynton
Local Performer

I have 5 speakers using sonos and I want to tell sonos to play a station 24 hours a day - I want to put the station into a playlist  How do I do this

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @leslieBoynton 

Stations and Playlists work different on Pandora. Stations are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, while listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help Pandora learn what to play next.

Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by your choice. This means you can add only the songs you want to hear, and sequence the playlist yourself.

While the ability to turn a station into a playlist is not a feature, you can enlist the help of Pandora's Music Genome to add music to your playlists by selecting Add Similar Songs.

However, the best way to get ideas (like yours) heard is by submitting a feature request, where you can search and vote for current feature requests, or submit a new one.

You can learn more about the process on Community's Feature Request Policy & FAQs.

++

Please note that while Premium allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time, our timeout policy does not go away.

The timeout message will pop up when Pandora detects that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs.

Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, you'll need to click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

While Pandora Premium subscribers benefit from our longest period of uninterrupted listening, the only way to eliminate timeouts completely is by subscribing to Pandora for Business. This option is not an ideal solution for home use, as it involves a higher subscription fee that includes music licensing costs and must be played through special equipment.

If that still interests you, you can get more information about Pandora for Business through our partners at Mood Media.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos