cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stations Not Syncing with Yamaha

HiFiGuy
Local Performer

The device is a Yamaha MusicCast WXC-50, and it's been working for a couple of years now.  Recently, it has stopped syncing updates to the playlist when stations are added via the phone or computer, even after a couple of weeks have passed since the playlist update.  Any suggestions?  I am going to try the option of removing the login, and then signing back in, to see if that helps, but nothing else has seemed to work, including firmware updates in the device and a hard restart.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @HiFiGuy! Thanks for posting. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us understand what may be happening. I'm also going to manually remove the Yamaha device association from your account. 

When it takes effect, it will automatically log you out. When this happens, go ahead and log back in, and let me know if the stations are still missing. 

If they are missing, can you let me know which ones? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

HiFiGuy
Local Performer

Maybe we should have chatted first privately before you logged me out. 😉  It is not my device that was in question.  Anyway, the device that is in question turns out to have a Pandora account with roughly 140 stations.  Seems that for some reason, the MusicCast limit is currently only 95 stations.  This was verified by the 3rd party control system app, as well as the Yamaha native MusicCast app.  So that made the new stations not "show up", since it was well over the apparent device limit.  It would be great if Yamaha were notified of this, and increased the station limit in their API to something north of 150, or maybe 200.  Maybe Pandora could pull that off for all the MusicCast owners out there?  🙂

TannerPandora

Ahh! Sorry about that @HiFiGuy! 😔

You are correct. Consumer electronic devices and car stereos are not optimized to display 250 stations and will still be subject to a 95 station limit.

I recommend posting in our Feature Request board with your suggestion. This is the best way to get ideas and feedback heard.

If you're interested, click here to be taken to Feature Requests. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport