cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbprint radio plays wrong songs on Sonos

the1birdgirl
Underground

Hi, I love the Thumbprint radio but it doesn't seem to work right. My husband and I have collected many stations over the years. When Thumbprint radio was introduced, we went through and removed all of the thumbs up on his stations (we have very different taste in music) so that they wouldn't show up on this station. His songs would still play, so I tried deleting Thumbprint radio and starting over, but that didn't work. I recently deleted and re-added his stations to try and reset the thumbs history but the channel still plays his songs! If it matters for anything, I usually listen through Sonos. Thanks for any help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@the1birdgirl To clarify, when you delete a station and then re-create it, any thumb ratings that were previously given on it will also be restored.

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to reset a station's thumb history other than what you already mentioned (going into each station and manually removing all thumb ratings one at a time).

I'm happy to look into this further, but will need some additional information from you before I can do so.

Can you please give me a couple examples of songs that still play on your Thumbprint Radio station even though you've already removed the Thumbs Up rating for it on one of your other collected stations?

Please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

the1birdgirl
Underground

Hi, Thanks for your help. Here are some songs: Got the time, Anthras. Dissident Aggressor, Slayer. Supernaut, Black Sabbath. Edgecrusher, Fear Factory. Wrong side of the tracks, Biohazard. Hey man nice shot, Filter.
I think some of these might be coming from old stations that were deleted (and not recreated). 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @the1birdgirl! I'm helping @AdamPandora  out with this. 

Can you let me know if you've given these songs a thumb down when they play? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

the1birdgirl
Underground

Yes I have. I'm not sure if you can see my history but every time a song plays that does not belong on the station, I give it a thumbs down. I just looked and there are 248 "thumbs down" with probably 200 of those being heavy metal and other songs that are from old stations. Thanks!

the1birdgirl
Underground

Hi, if you have any other suggestions or help please let me know. The thumbs-downed songs themselves no longer play, but similar heavy metal/hardcore songs are still playing often. Thanks!

0 Kudos

the1birdgirl
Underground

Still looking for a solution. I'm wondering if Pandora saves "thumbs up" songs from deleted channels? Is there a way to see all the 2785 thumbs up songs that Thumbprint radio has been created from?

0 Kudos