Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Search with Pandora on Sonos

CathyLW
Underground

Here's an example of what's going on:

I search for 'Jazz' in 'Genres'. 

The search results under Pandora,  include: 'Jazz', 'Smooth Jazz', 'Jazz for Studying' and 'Jazz Instrumentals'. 

I press on 'Smooth Jazz' (don't judge 😡) and I see little sound bars on the screen that undulate for about 2 seconds and then stop but nothing plays from the Sonos. The same happens for all but 'Jazz'.

The same has happened with specific artists. Basically, I can only play Pandora through my Sonos if I pick an artist, but not if I search by station, album, song or genre.

Thoughts?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

CathyLW
Underground

At last! A reason! Thank you so much. We will start deleting right away.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @CathyLW! Thanks for posting. 

Are you using the search bar to look for new content to play or content that exists in your library? Would you be able to show me a screenshot of what you're seeing when you use search?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CathyLW
Underground

Sonos Search BarSonos Search Bar

0 Kudos

CathyLW
Underground

So, if I click on "Smooth Jazz", the equalizer bars appear as though it were playing but the they go away after 2 seconds and I am unable to play the selection.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the screenshot @CathyLW!

I think I know whats happening. There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

I checked your account and I see you're at the 250 station limit. You'll either need to delete some stations you don't use anymore in order to use the Sonos Search bar or if you prefer not to do this, you will need to look for content in your collections manually through your stations list. 

I hope this helps to explain. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CathyLW
Underground

At last! A reason! Thank you so much. We will start deleting right away.