cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vizio TV - No network connection - check config

Michael48
Local Performer

recently got new xfinity modem when I try to open Pandora on my vizio tv to play on my sound system I get no network connection check config although I have connection on my desktop through xfinity wifi

I didn't have this prob with old modem.  should I delete Pandora from my desktop and redownload?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael9
Underground

One more thing. After getting the message through my handheld on my Vizio screen  that everything was running as it should I turned on my PC to talk to you but had no internet connection so I brought up the available networks and one of them was the same as the one on the side of the router but it would not connect so I got online using the network that just says Xfinity instead of the one on the router which is XFSETUP-8B74.  This is all a little crazy.  Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Michael48! Thanks for posting. 

Are you still having trouble? It looks like you may have deleted your Pandora account and started a new one yesterday. 

To clarify, do you log into the Pandora app on your Vizio TV to listen on your sound system or do you log into Pandora on your desktop and route it through your sound system?

Can you show me a picture of the error message you're receiving? You'll be able to post that picture here directly in this thread. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

Pandora would let me sign in under my old Michael48 because it was already taken.  Might be because I deleted and then downloaded again so I am now Michael9.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I haven't tried the Denon website yet.

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

I have lost how to see your replies.  Can you send them to me. I still can't figure out how to get my online music stations.  Still geting the No connection Check Config which I don't know how to do.

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

Hi Tanner.  The exact message is No Network Connection Check Config.  I contacted Denon through Alexis and it suggested trying an ethernet connection so I'm going to try that.  I'll let you know.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Michael9! Thanks for the follow up. 

To clarify your set-up - do you use the Pandora app on your Denon receiver or on your Vizio TV. 

You mentioned that you deleted your Pandora account. Have you had a chance to connect your account with your devices? I'm not seeing any devices associated yet.

Also, can you let me know which device is giving you the error message - is it your Denon? Are you receiving the error before launching Pandora or after?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

I finally got Pandora up on my TV but my playlist is gone so I added one new station and when the song started up popped File Format Error so I hit Shuffle and same thing happened. Suggestions?

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

Hi Tanner

I have gone back through the setup on my Denon S720W rec and entered the Network Name { SSID} and the Password both of them are on the side of this new Xfinity Gateway Router Modem.  I then ran the diagnostics and it said everything, Connection {Wireless WiFi} Router Access and Internet Access are OK and the network is functioning correctly but when I tried to access Pandora on my Vizio by pushing the online music button on my Denon handheld the Pandora logo as well as Sirius and some others display just as they should but when I highlight the Pandora logo and push Enter on the handheld like always on the old Modem with no problems on this one it says Cannot Connect. When I try to connect with the Favorites logo it says Error cannot connect to the Pandora service. Please try again later.  I'm going to reboot the Xfinity Gateway again and unplug the Denon S720W rec again this time both of them together instead of one at a time.  The solution is probably simple but I can't figure it out.

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

I tried the ethernet solution but it would not hookup.

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

One more thing. After getting the message through my handheld on my Vizio screen  that everything was running as it should I turned on my PC to talk to you but had no internet connection so I brought up the available networks and one of them was the same as the one on the side of the router but it would not connect so I got online using the network that just says Xfinity instead of the one on the router which is XFSETUP-8B74.  This is all a little crazy.  Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

0 Kudos

Michael9
Underground

Hi Tanner

Somehow I got Pandora working.  I'm not sure how i did it but now it hooks right up and sounds great.  Can you delete my posts so that some of that info which is a little sensitive doesn't get around.  I would do it but I can't find them in under support or community chat.  You can reach me at my email address.  I thank you and the Pandora team for your help it has been great.

Michael

0 Kudos