cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't stay signed in on my Toshiba smart TV

jimdc58
Underground

I have a Toshiba TV (40L3400). For about a month or two, Pandora has been making me re-enter my password almost every time I try to go into the app. Pandora tells me the problem isn't on their end....of course. Toshiba no longer supports their older TVs. I know for sure that it has nothing to do with my ISP.

Anyone else have this issue? Have you found a resolution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jimdc58 Thanks for posting!

We have recently updated the SSL certificate on a range of devices in order to continue to ensure our application's security. 

Individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application on their devices, the fix will have to come through one of their firmware updates.

Please make sure that your device's firmware is up to date. If no update is available, we recommend reaching out to your device manufacturer. Unfortunately, from your message, it seems that Toshiba is no longer supporting your TV. 😔

Sorry for any inconvenience! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jimdc58 Thanks for posting!

We have recently updated the SSL certificate on a range of devices in order to continue to ensure our application's security. 

Individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application on their devices, the fix will have to come through one of their firmware updates.

Please make sure that your device's firmware is up to date. If no update is available, we recommend reaching out to your device manufacturer. Unfortunately, from your message, it seems that Toshiba is no longer supporting your TV. 😔

Sorry for any inconvenience! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jimdc58
Underground

It certainly doesn't say much for your company that you are willing to leave users hanging like this. My TV is only 6 years old. You should be working will the individual manufacturers to make sure that changes you make do not render devices useless. Not doing so just shows a total disrespect for users.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Again, sorry for the inconvenience @jimdc58. As mentioned, individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application on their devices. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jimdc58
Underground

Again.....you should be working with the individual manufacturers instead of just washing your hands of the matter. You're obviously aware of the problem, so why don't you work with them to correct it?

0 Kudos

jimdc58
Underground

Not to mention.....when I contacted your help desk, they told me no changes had been made:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for writing back.

As advised we haven't made any updates for CE devices.

Thanks for listening!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos