cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox App Won't Uninstall

Onitenchu
Underground

As stated the app on the xbox one x will not uninstall. I tried because my stations were not showing up and every time i would add one, it would not stay. Tried to uninstall. it wont. says its still there but wont start. I have done SEVERAL hard restarts of the system, as well as clearing system cash. many times for both. there is nothing i can do on my end with the machine or the app. you guys need an update to fix this. i am not alone.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Onitenchu. Sorry to hear you're having trouble on your Xbox. 

I've asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account so that we can get a better idea of what is happening. 

I've also asked them to remove all the Xbox device associations, would you mind trying to uninstall again?

To uninstall/reinstall:

Note: you'll need to be signed into your Xbox Live account. 

1. Go to My games & apps from the home screen and highlight Pandora from the list of apps.
  2. Press the menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Uninstall.
  4. Choose Uninstall all to confirm that you want to uninstall the app.

Then, if that worked, you can reinstall the app with the following steps:

1. From Xbox's Home, go to Store and either select Browse apps > Popular music apps or search for Pandora to download the app.
  2. When the download is complete, you can find Pandora again in the My games & apps section.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad that worked out @Onitenchu! The other issue you mentioned about not seeing your stations sounds very similar to this thread: Unable to see Stations on devices

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. I'll be making updates as they become available to me in that thread.

Stay tuned! 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Onitenchu. Sorry to hear you're having trouble on your Xbox. 

I've asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account so that we can get a better idea of what is happening. 

I've also asked them to remove all the Xbox device associations, would you mind trying to uninstall again?

To uninstall/reinstall:

Note: you'll need to be signed into your Xbox Live account. 

1. Go to My games & apps from the home screen and highlight Pandora from the list of apps.
  2. Press the menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Uninstall.
  4. Choose Uninstall all to confirm that you want to uninstall the app.

Then, if that worked, you can reinstall the app with the following steps:

1. From Xbox's Home, go to Store and either select Browse apps > Popular music apps or search for Pandora to download the app.
  2. When the download is complete, you can find Pandora again in the My games & apps section.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Onitenchu
Underground

thank you very much what ever you did seemed to have worked. the only other issue, if you read this, is that i cannot add stations and stations i had in the passed are now gone. the only stations listed are ones i listened to 3 years ago. as an example. my favorite station is Die Antwoord. i listen to it every day. that was mysteriously gone 2 weeks ago and i just kept searching it and playing it from the search but it would never go back into my list. in fact any station i have recently listened to in the last few years arent there. only on xbox though, when i log in via web browser my stations are normal. after this fix, and the uninstall and reinstall and all the hard resets. this issue persists. it may be in connection to a recent xbox one x update, that recently was installed. 

again the only stations that appear on the xbox app, after several hard reboots, cache clears and the uninstall and reinstall, are the ones that have not been used in 3 years or more. something is wrong with every station i have made in the last 3 years. none of those show on xbox

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad that worked out @Onitenchu! The other issue you mentioned about not seeing your stations sounds very similar to this thread: Unable to see Stations on devices

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. I'll be making updates as they become available to me in that thread.

Stay tuned! 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Onitenchu
Underground

Thank you very much for all the help, you are the best!

TannerPandora

Hi @Onitenchu, we believe that the missing station should be fixed now. 

Would you mind giving it a try and letting me know? Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos