cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Minimum Requirements

dave5480
Underground

I have a 5th generation iPod that works fine. A year or so ago, the Pandora app stopped working. After trying a few things, I deleted the app and tried to download a new copy. But my iPod said it couldn't run the app on this old iPod.

I want to ourchase a new iPod (6th gen? 7th gen?) but will Pandora work on this new device?

DBS

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @dave5480! Welcome to community. 👋

The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 14 or later.

To confirm the iOS version on your device: Open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 14, you will need to update your iOS version.

If you're not able to update to iOS 14 or later, then I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dave5480! Welcome to community. 👋

The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 14 or later.

To confirm the iOS version on your device: Open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 14, you will need to update your iOS version.

If you're not able to update to iOS 14 or later, then I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dave5480
Underground
Thank you for the info. I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a new iPod on eBay (iPod is not made by Apple anymore; but you can buy refurbished units from eBay).

The question then is, does a Gen 6 iPod come with (or can be updated to) IOS 14? Or do I need to get a Gen 7 iPod?

Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dave5480

I did a quick search online and it looks like the iPod 7th generation does support iOS 14. However, it's not clear if the 7th generation will support future iOS updates, i.e.: iOS 15, 16 and the future 17. I would follow up with Apple Support for further help.

If the 7th generation iPod is not able to update past iOS 14, there is a good chance that it will not be compatible with Pandora in the future and you'll run into the same issue once again.

There currently is a feature request to allow older version of Pandora to be available for download. Feel free to give this a vote by clicking on the heart ❤️.

Hope this helps answer your question.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

dave5480
Underground

Thank you much!