cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Ads too loud

Davepanda
Local Performer

Please tell someone at Pandora to stop playing the Mancini ad where the women says " come on girls, lets go " and then a 3 year old screams. Just as i am chilled out after listening to a great song that ad comes on and ruins my kwa! Yes I know I can pay and not hear commercials but .... I don't do that. In any case I will NEVER buy anything from Mancini as a result of the screaming 3 year old ad. Someone for the love of God please get them to stop playing this!!!! Thank you.

Labels (1)
36 Replies

Luc1
Local Performer

Ads louder than music

Pandora quality has gone down immensely 

0 Kudos

cherry13hannah
Local Performer

You can put an equalization thingy on your ad data and have it force the volume down to an appropriate level, have you ever had subwoofers going then blaring a tide ad? It is bad for the consumer's devices and ears and it's bad for the companies purchasing ads because it can cause a bad reaction. 

Also, its funny how a bunch of the above are agreeing that the ads are much louder but the mods answer was music is dynamic.......wow........might need to try Spotify again after reading some of the mods responses which **ahem**.

mikehenry001
Local Performer

I'm now installing Amazon Music because of the loud ads that had nothing to do with the music I was listening to. 

johnbit
Underground

I have been listening to the same station for years and noticed in the last few months that ads are 30% louder than the music now.  I just mute them every time they come on now.  I understand the need for the ads and don't mind them, but making them ultra-loud doesn't make me want to buy that product.  In fact, it's opposite, to the point where I don't listen to them at all.  I think you should be fair and pass this feedback to your advertisers and see what they think about this.  It's not helpful to the listening experience or as a marketing tool. 

johnbit
Underground

Ads are much louder than music

The last few months I have noticed ad volume has gone up ~30%.  I have to mute the ads now.  This is a terrible experience and the companies advertising on the platform are going to get a bum deal because listeners will mute the ad or move to another platform.  I think we all understand the need for ads and don't mind them as part of the value proposition, but making something ultra-loud doesn't make us want to buy the product.  In fact it's the opposite.

TexasRetroGuy
Underground

I don't have ads so I wouldn't know but I remember back when they were overwhelming on TV until they finally had to change it. Dumping the ads is well worth the small fee. 

0 Kudos

Lemon89
Local Performer

I have a similar issue I use a s22 ultra and I listen to classical so I have to have it at a certain volume but when a ad comes on its so loud that I am awoken or just caught off guard and scared by the sudden loud noise I wish there was a way to turn down ads or mute them

DaniB
Local Performer

I use the sleep sounds station to fall asleep sometimes and I really wish Pandora would consider removing the ads for this station because there’s nothing worse than getting close to dosing off and then an ad pops in talking above spot cleaner and playing loud music and now your sleep is completely disrupted. Like this should be standard whether you have a subscription or not. Pandora!!! If you’re watching/listening….please remove it. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Not sure where the best place to complain is, but recently there has been a ... Discovery with Wish? ad that is extremely nasty. I guess it's supposed to be ASMR. I don't mind ads, honestly, but I'd like to listen to music without having my ears raped.

0 Kudos

Ambivalent
Underground

There is a god-awful ad I keep hearing that does not jibe with my misophonia at all. Someone repeatedly slurping on a straw in an empty cup. I will wager I'm not the only one. I can't begin to explain how much I hate that ad. I mute or turn the app off as quickly as possible when it comes on. Please pull that ad. Please make it stop.

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
    1. I don't know because I try to stop listening/mute the second I hear it.
  2. Do you remember anything specific that was said or mentioned in the ad?
    1. Some one slurping a straw in an empty cup.
  3. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
    1. Multiple devices
  4. Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio?
    1. Audio. Horrible, horrible audio.
  5. What time of day did this advertisement play?
    1. A few minutes ago. 20:15

Edit: I forgot that was my screen name in here until it posted. I am not ambivalent about that ad. I hate it with a passion.

0 Kudos

Transpo52
Local Performer

Why have loud obnoxious commercials ??  Example , I listen to Native American Flute and piano music.  All of a sudden, I have a flamer screaming " I want to be free" on a vacation commercial..  Ruins the ambiance of the music and sounds like **ahem**, why ???  Why not have quieter more mellow commercials on quieter more mellow stations ??

Ambivalent
Underground

Annoying Door Dash ad

I can't be the only person who absolutely hates this ad, can I?  With the straw slurping throughout!  It makes me angry just thinking about it.   My misophonia can't handle it.   Every time it comes on, I immediately mute or turn it off.  There should be a thumbs up/down for ads, maybe with the ability to give specific feedback.  That ad is horrendous. 

Ambivalent
Underground

Whatever the ad is with the straw slurping has got to stop.  I don't mind listening to ads but that one triggers my misophonia in a major way.  I cannot put into words how much I hate that sound and how angry that ad makes me the second it comes on.  I don't even know what it is for because I turn of and restart Pandora immediately to make it stop, but I'm tempted to just stop using Pandora for a while and wait for that stupid ad to go away.  It is truly awful.

0 Kudos

davidparks21
Local Performer

This is absolutely maddening. Nothing else has convinced me over the years to try other music services, but this is going to do it now. I'm off pandora. I swear this got distinctly worse recently.

Fido6446
Local Performer

Ya, in the last couple of days I've noticed your ads come on loud then the volume drops when the music starts.

If it keeps going like this I'm done!

0 Kudos

Meggdavie
Local Performer

Really should consider removing ads on the lullaby channels. Every time my baby is almost asleep an ad comes blaring out. No I won’t upgrade to pandora plus. 

0 Kudos

Pontesap
Local Performer

The adds I hear are loud all the way through. Especially those Annoying talking ones for cell phones, internet, AmPm, the list goes on.

0 Kudos