cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ad Feedback - Controversial Ad

cssobx
Local Performer

I have just started hearing ads from Mike Lindell on your platform....therefore I will be removing Pandora from all of my devices and choose another platform. I will also share this information with my social media followers. To say it is a poor choice to allow his ads on Pandora is an understatement!  Allowing a conspiracy theorist to advertise with you just shows where your support is and I will be sure to share this with my social media followers! 

Please don't respond with "Pandora does not represent an endorsement of any kind on our part. We realize the prominent placement of many of our ads may give the impression that Pandora somehow endorses the product, issue, candidate, etc. but we do not." because that excuse is almost as bad as allowing his advertisements!

Wake up Pandora!

Labels (1)
49 Replies

FalconsSnowman
Local Performer

I agree, enough with forcing "Pride".  Why so we have to be continuously inundated with other people's sexual preferences?   Normal people are tired of this.

smedwid
Local Performer

Hello,

5 months later, I'm hearing My Pillow advertisements. The founder supported an insurrection for crying out loud. Please let me know when you've removed these from your platform and I can enjoy using your service again.

Thank you. 

Diamond in the Rough

Agreed but instead of hearing Lindell ads, (I haven't heard any in awhile) I am hearing Hobby Lobby ads. I find these offensive also (Women's Reproductive Rights).

autotech
Underground

I agree!

Moderator Edit: Format

AMS20780
Local Performer

Clearly your desire to acquire funds is more important than your reputation (corporate greed anyone?).  You are only as good as the company you keep.  

By not listening to your subscribers' concerns, nor addressing the issue, Pandora is blatantly tone deaf by continuing the MyPillow ads. Businesses have an impact and can influence.  This is an individual who has continued to create conflict across the country with lies and not take any ownership for his misdeeds.  You are only aiding and abetting.  Very disappointed to read your generic responses (sorry - money is more important than doing the right thing/setting the bar for others who are more focused on the profit margin).

See ya Pandora - I think I'm about the 5th or 6th person in my office alone who has rejected you b/c you chose and continue to choose that whackadoodle over your loyal listeners.  Anyone take the time to forecast subscriber renewal decline vs. receiving $$ from that idiot?  You need new leadership.

Moderator Edit: Format

Diamond in the Rough
I upgraded so I don't get any ads, however Pandora should not be giving election deniers and misogynistic businesses ( Lindell & Hobby Lobby ) air time.

autotech
Underground

I love My Pillow that I got from Hobby Lobby, these are two GREAT American companies! Thanks Pandora!

0 Kudos

attnjustme
Local Performer

Airing a mypillow guy ad highlights poor researching and decision making skills on Pandoraโ€™s part. The mypillow guy is known for misleading advertising and conspiracy theories. It appears that by choosing to air a mypillow guy ad, youโ€™re aligning your company with clearly a misleading advertiser who promotes delusions over preserving integrity in the democratic process. Are profits more important than integrity? 

rskoeller
Local Performer

The MyPillow guy commercials are the worst - I've been looking at a way to change the Ads I get, but I don't know that it's my search or theirs. Please remove his ads...

Diamond in the Rough
Agreed: Lindell should not be given airtime or publicity at all, he's a traitor.

LeniceY
Local Performer

I, too , find MyPillow ads inappropriate and offensive. I have Pandora on my 3 mobile phones, my smart TVs, and my smart displays and speakers. Choosing to accept money from Mike Lindell shows me where your corporate heart is.  If Pandora is going to support a traitor to the United States, you should at least include a warning that an offensive ad is coming so that we can turn Pandora off before we are gifted with his sickening voice and pleas for more money. I am now going to check out Amazon Music per a suggestion in these comments.  This is a tough break up, I've been I've Bein my Pandora listener for more than 15 years. But I do not stay with anyone for anything that devalues me.

LeniceY
Local Performer

I am using Amazon Music now. It's not intuitive and my "stations" have to be set up,  I don't really like it, but I guess I'll get used to it. Decades of listening to Pandora and you guys throw a MAGA traitor on my feed. Respond that you've removed the pillow guy so that I can come back!

godnoble
Local Performer

Since the answer to the question "How do I do this?" seems to be "Reply here"...

1. Chic-fil-A, a corporation known to support homophobic hate groups with their company profits.
2. PC, though it is offensive on any format.
3. Audio.
4. Shuffle.
5. 10am EDT.

0 Kudos

TXChug
Local Performer

I just heard an ad for mypillow and as soon as I heard the annoying voice of traitor Mike Lindell I turned Pandora off. I can't believe you are still allowing him to advertise on your platform. How can we block these ads? I too have Amazon Prime Music so until you remove election deniers who tried to overthrow the government I will be listening to Amazon.

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
No airtime for election denier traitors.

teezam
Local Performer

Really? It's getting that bad that just because of a "supporter" you will leave Pandora? Good riddance! And a reminder to taylor all of your **ahem** to only your preference! This sounds absurd! What an idiot! 

0 Kudos

laurabirnie31
Local Performer

We're talking about a traitor to the U.S.! Get out of here!

teezam
Local Performer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

0 Kudos

angie_elazier1
Local Performer

It's now October 2023 and that crook, begging, Liar Lindell's ads are STILL playing on this platform, even though his business is basically finished. Maybe Pandora is just playing something the crook has already paid for, but it's so annoying to hear his undignified voice in the middle of hearing good music. I know, I know, we could pay for no ads if we don't want to hear his ads, but that's not the point (addressing any arguments on his behalf). I usually just turn Pandora off when he comes on, that's the best I can do at this point, which is why I won't pay.

USArmy31J
Local Performer

I agree with you, I have been listening Pandora for many many years and Iโ€™ve always enjoyed blending up the music provided by Pandora. I donโ€™t mind the normal adds while listening to some really good 80s music.

I was continuously bombarded by, โ€œan abortion pillโ€œ that makes it that much easier to take a life no matter when a person believes that life begins we as so called adults need to take responsibility for our actions and stop taking the โ€œeasyโ€ way out.

i am not here to debate the Abortion that is a decision that both the man & women should make together and stand before a higher authority when there time comes.  I wish the Management of this fine music station would find other ways to bring in needed revenue.

so in closing, it looks like the only way to avoid adds supporting the taking of a Life is to give the very same company allowing the commercial money so I can say continue to enjoy musicโ€ฆ I have a decision to make, be quiet and fall in-line or remove Pandora from my life.  I know Iโ€™m not the only one feeling this way and hope Management finds a better way to earn the All Mighty Dollar.