cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Not Receiving Ad Free Uninterrupted Hour

BenK3L3VR4
Underground

Anyone else notice that watching a commercial to get an hour only skips one commercial? But if you don't watch it you get three effing commercials!!!!! 

Like, dude, how weak is your brain?

9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BenK3L3VR4 Thanks for writing in and sorry for any trouble.

Once the sponsored ad activity has been completed, a bar should appear across your screen indicating the advertiser who is providing the free hour. You can (X) out of any additional visuals. Although the bar indicator is a visual ad, there should be no other video or audio ads during that time.

Keep in mind also that when you engage in an hour of uninterrupted listening through an offer by one of our advertisers, the hour expires one hour from the time you accepted the offer, regardless of how much you listened during that hour.

If you still feel that you did not receive the hour of ad-free music you were promised, could you provide some more information about your experience?

• What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  • How were you accessing Pandora when you received the offer? If on a mobile phone, iPhone or Android?
  • Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?
  • What time of day did you receive the offer?
  • Did the ad ask you to watch a video, swipe through a gallery of photos, or rotate an image?
  • After doing the activity, did you hear a voice say "your uninterrupted listening starts now" or did you see a black bar saying "Uninterrupted Listening" appear above your album art?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

scamdorasux
Local Performer

Every time I am offered ad free music for listening to an advertisement, Pandora does not hold their end of the deal up. In fact, most songs are still followed by an ad. Guaranteed ad every time I skip. Granted, I am using the free version, so I only have so much of a leg to stand on here, but WHY BOTHER OFFER IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? I listened to your crappy advertisement that means nothing to me no matter how many times you shove it down my throat (the same ad you play every. single. time. there is an ad). I held up my end of the deal by engaging in your persistent yet futile advertising efforts. Is there any hope for non- paying users, or do you just try to upset us on purpose? I assume the latter is more likely.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scamdorasux I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback - Not Receiving Ad Free Uninterrupted Hour

Once the sponsored ad activity has been completed, a bar should appear across your screen indicating the advertiser who is providing the free hour. You can (X) out of any additional visuals. Although the bar indicator is a visual ad, there should be no other video or audio ads during that time.

Keep in mind also that when you engage in an hour of uninterrupted listening through an offer by one of our advertisers, the hour expires one hour from the time you accepted the offer, regardless of how much you listened during that hour.

If this happens again in the future, and you still feel that you did not receive the hour of ad-free music you were promised, could you provide some more information about your experience?

• What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  • How were you accessing Pandora when you received the offer? If on a mobile phone, iPhone or Android?
  • What day and time did you receive the offer?
  • Did the ad ask you to watch a video, swipe through a gallery of photos, or rotate an image?
  • After doing the activity, did you hear a voice say "your uninterrupted listening starts now" or did you see a black bar saying "Uninterrupted Listening" appear above your album art?

Thanks for working with me on this!

0 Kudos

TraylorSwelce
Local Performer

Does it only work for a single station? I watched 2 one hour uninterrupted in a row and neither lasted because I changed to other stations. It's never done this before.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @TraylorSwelce. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. Changing stations shouldn't impact your hour. 

I'd like to gather more details. Could you provide additional details around your experience? 

• What was the ad for? 
  • What day and time did you receive the offer?

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Ryuu9058
Local Performer

Is anyone else having issues of getting it to allow you to listen to music without ads for free.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ryuu9058. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

Could you share a few more details about what's happening?

• Are you referring to an uninterrupted hour after completing a sponsored ad activity?
  • Or, initiating a Premium Access session?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ryuu9058
Local Performer
It wouldn't let me tap to get a free hour or hours earlier.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @Ryuu9058

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds similar to your experience: Ad Feedback - Not Receiving Ad Free Uninterrupted Hour

• What time of day did you receive the offer?
  • Were you able to complete the sponsored ad activity?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos