cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
231 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BudD Nice to see you around the Community.

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️ if you'd like to see this option added to the service: Language preference for stations

In the meantime, we're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad (feel free to send multiple screenshots of each different Spanish ad if you are receiving more than one)
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

BudD
Local Performer
No no no. You are looking into micro managing this issue when a simple ad language preference could be added. What it sounds like you are doing is removing one specific advertisement at a time. When pandora agrees to run a advertisement do they not categorize it in to different languages? What you are asking me to do and even what you are doing is a waist of time, look at all the comments on this issue. The advertisers would get more action if we could just make that one little choice in settings. Thank you for your time, and have a great day! Sent from my Metro By T-Mobile 4G LTE Android Device

Frustrated2022
Local Performer

Can you fix the issue of Spanish Ads playing on my account

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Frustrated2022 I'm happy to look into this for you.

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

blockocheese
Underground

blockocheese_0-1661445085613.png

08-25-22 ~11:00 A.M CST
Cleopatrick Radio, but I get them on all stations

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @blockocheese.

I've escalated your feedback regarding this specific ad to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

In the meantime, if any other Spanish ads play on your account, please grab screenshots and send them in a reply to this thread as well.

0 Kudos

jkiker68
Local Performer

Why am I hearing ads in spanish? I don’t speak spanish and I do not want to hear it. Is this a ploy to make me buy a subscription to be ad free?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jkiker68 We're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad (feel free to send multiple screenshots of each different Spanish ad if you are receiving more than one)

ryan_ogden
Underground
Another one…[cid:image001.png@01D8BC83.81FBCC50]

Thanks
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ryan_ogden It doesn't look like your attachment came through.

Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments.

Try sending that over one more time when accessing this Community thread through a web browser, and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Cricketcvm
Local Performer

How about a button to just turn off Spanish ads. I don't speak Spanish or less and Spanish songs.

Paulanvar
Local Performer

Hi does anyone know how to set language preferences in pandora so i don't hear Spanish Advertising that i don’t understand?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paulanvar There isn't a way to set a language preference or choose what type of ads you'd like to receive on your account.

I recommend upvoting these existing feature requests if you'd like to see them added to the service:

In the meantime, we're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

0 Kudos

ArchitJDC
Local Performer

I quit listening to pandora on my mobile device a while ago, because I get too many spanish speaking advertisements.  Curiously, I get none when I am using a web browser.

Pandora... you are literally losing listeners over the inability to choose language preferences for ads.  

You may think it's 'encouraging' people to pay for the non add premium.  But I already pay for Am*zon Pr*me, so, I just quit listening to Pandora on mobile and listen to their music stations.  Still occasionally listen via web browser on my PC.  FIX THIS if you want to stop annoying your listeners.  We will go - and have gone - somewhere else.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArchitJDC We're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

0 Kudos

Niche79
Local Performer

Something needs to be done before I start listening to other channels. I do not speak Spanish and the Spanish ads are just ridiculous and piss me off. The easiest update would be for "English only" in the settings. How hard would that be to program, one afternoon if not less? It's so simple and yet they keep flooding in. I have honestly thought about going to a different streaming app to listen to music. So over the Spanish. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Niche79 I'm happy to look into this for you.

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad

0 Kudos

swaitkevich
Local Performer

Spanish Ads playing, but I am not spanish speaking.

Is there any way to filter out spanish ads that I can't understand because I am english speaking?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@swaitkevich We're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

0 Kudos

Arleneburton88
Underground

Same here 🤦🏼‍♀️

0 Kudos