cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
231 Replies

M19
Opening Act

For what it's worth, I haven't heard any Spanish ads on my usual stations since posting the previous screenshot

Looks like I spoke too soon... 😩 That Spanish-centric Instacart ad (where it's half english/half spanish and definitely not relevant to this area) popped up again on my Celtic station. 3/22 @ 1:58pm EST.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.58.29 PM.png

AZRocket
Local Performer

Same problem,  very annoying. Need to be fixed ASAP. 😫 

With all the other streaming audio options this might just be the straw that breaks this camels back.  Ads are annoying, foreign language ads add another dimension of annoyance. 

Simply add a preferred language or languages question to profile,  organize ads by language,  done. 

AzureHawk
Underground
Yeah, a lot of problems which have existed for years but complaints and suggestions for fixes (most of them simple) are entirely ignored.  Most likly Pandora doesn't even have a customer service person much less a developer to fix these issues.Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

M19
Opening Act

The Spanish Instacart ads are playing again. 3/31 @ 9:37am on my New Age station.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 9.37.45 AM.png

Arleneburton88
Underground

PLAYING SPANISH ADDS ON EVERY STATION!!!!  

3046BAEC-BC15-436F-93D8-8C0DD91238F5.png

M19
Opening Act

The Spanish-language/focused Instacart ad has returned. May 4th @ 1:33pm, New Age station.

Untitled-1.jpg

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@M19 Unfortunately, no additional work can be done to prevent that specific Instacart ad from playing on your account.

This being said, our Ads team is aware of the feedback you provided.

If any Spanish ads (other than the Instacart one) plays on your account, please feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to further investigate.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arleneburton88 Sorry for the delay - to clarify, has that ad in your screenshot played again this month?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Arleneburton88
Underground
Yes. It’s constant

Sent from my iPhone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arleneburton88 Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

I have passed your message along to our Ads team for further review.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about this!

0 Kudos

dolfn117
Local Performer

Yes it is very annoying - shouldn't you be a bit more selective as to the audience like if they are playing latin music or not? 

M19
Opening Act

Thursday, May 18 @ 5:02pm: an all-Spanish Gillette (shaving) ad just played via Pandora on my tv, on the "Taylor Swift Radio" station. It's a new ad; or at least I don't recall having heard it before.

20230518_170155.jpg

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@M19 Thanks for reporting that one. I've informed our Ads team so that they can look into it.

If they need any additional information, I'll make sure to reach back out to you.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

M19
Opening Act

That all-Spanish Gillette ad played again yesterday, 5/22 @ 7:21pm, on the same Taylor Swift station.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@M19 Our Ads team is currently looking into that specific ad.

Thanks again for letting us know.

0 Kudos

Sdahlstrom
Local Performer

I am deleting my account due to the account of all Spanish advertisements.   Not sure what's up with Wisconsin but that ad is very annoying. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 06/04/23:

Note: This message has been accepted as the Solution to flag the current status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for writing in and offering your feedback about the Spanish ads playing on your stations.

We do our best to deliver ads to our significant number of Spanish-speaking listeners based on the small amount of demographic info that we collect when you register a Pandora account. This is limited to gender, age, and postal code, as well as some of the stations you create on your account. Sometimes, however, our estimates are incorrect and Spanish ads are delivered to the wrong listeners. We're sorry if this has been creating a negative experience for you.

If you are receiving Spanish ads on your account, we're happy to look into it for you.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

mattwrightster
Local Performer
Please provide a way to simply opt out

M19
Opening Act

Your vaunted "ad operations team" is falling down on the job again...

There's a new all-Spanish ad playing. Today it was on my Civil War station, June 26 @ 11:20am.

(Your teams have enough feedback by now to NOT have these popping up on English-speaking users' streams. There's really no excuse for foreign-language ads like this to be continuing years after people have been reporting them.)

hd-esp.jpg

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that screenshot as well as those additional details, @M19

I will pass this along on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos