cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
231 Replies

PeterDB
Local Performer

Great - your English-speaker medal is in the mail. What an exceptional achievement to be able to speak a language well, far better than most people in a developed nation that leads the world in innovation and technology. Imagine how much better US would be if people here actually spoke English well. /s

Hope you didn't dislocate your arm patting yourself on the back. I'm just here to complain about poorly targeted ads on a radio app, so it's weird that you decided to use THIS forum to jump on your soap box about the ability of Americans to speak English.

Drakov
Underground
I agree. A language option would be very helpful

Travis Carlson
0 Kudos

standleyjm
Local Performer

I've never listened to a Spanish station, yet I keep getting a Spanish ad for the iPhone 13. Please make it stop, it's so **ahem** annoying, we are in America speak English! My postal code is 98597, I don't even know any Spanish speakers our here

0 Kudos

TETexas
Opening Act

I am d o n e listening to this garbage!  This is s slap in the face of every american citizen!!!!!!! Infuriating!!!

Moderator Edit: Format

blockocheese
Underground

I didn't see a solution, did I miss it? I tries changing my zip code and verifying my language was English in the profile settings, but I'm still getting Spanish ads. 

Could someone point out the actual solution since the thread says it's resolved?

estump8
Local Performer

Same thing here... i do not listen to Spanish or Latin music, and the Spanish speaking population in my area is practically non-existent, other than high school Spanish classes.  As far as account settings and music choices, my language is English.  My last name is without a doubt of German lineage, and I even listen to Ramstein, but no German commercials?!?  Was machts du?

0 Kudos

gnewty
Local Performer

I appreciate your service.

I have to assume you provide platforms for different languages.

I do not understand the purpose of airing an ad that is in a language that I neither speak nor read. 

0 Kudos

tackwest9
Local Performer

My advertisements keep coming in Spanish. I’ve read that pandora caters it to your area, however this is incorrect for me. How can I change this? Thanks 

0 Kudos

travischildress
Local Performer

Still getting Spanish Ads. Why can't we get a "language" preference added to the account settings page? I am sure the people who pay to send Spanish ads would love to reach their intended audiences.

francisew
Underground

I also get spanish ads now. Why? My ads were always in English before. Very annoying.

I found the great-grandfather of this thread:

Reddit: Why are all my Pandora ads in Spanish? (posted May 24, 2011)

We're all hosed. Delete Pandora account and create a new one?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

rudejohn
Underground

I have been getting most of my ads in Spanish as well, despite living in a zip code with only 15.1% Hispanic or Latino. I suspect it's because I added a station years ago for Rodrigo y Gabriela. Is it possible to file a ticket somewhere and have my account manually switched back to English? Ads are an interruption, but having my mind suddenly trying to process Spanish is even more of an unfortunate interruption.

0 Kudos

jeremymcoleman
Local Performer

Its been a year.  Where is this "solution"?

0 Kudos

mattch
Local Performer

Same here. All of those Advertisement dollars wasted down the drain.

One freaking bad bunny song out of prob. 10+ years of English usage, and now you think I’m Spanish speaking lol 

Where is language setting, or can I use a zip code from the middle of nowhere town USA  to fix? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeremymcoleman @mattch I'm happy to look into this further.

To clarify, is it the same Spanish ad that plays on your account? Or is it always a different one?

Additionally, the next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played.

Thanks for working with me on this.

IROCZman15
Underground

I mean, yea we can send you screenshots...but why cant you just listen to the 4 pages of suggestions and complaints here and JUST TRUST US....and find a way to end this.  If you really want us to all email you screenshots of every time we get a spanish advertisement, your email box is going to get hammered. I also dont even keep my phone within arms reach most of the day while pandora is playing music, so I can't just always screenshot and email at a moments notice..... Honestly, I wish you could just find a way to simply DISABLE spanish advertisements via a thing in settings.   what is us sending you screenshots going to prove to you? One of them that i get VERY often is the Spanish advertisment for "Gilette clear gel deodorant". many times a day, every day

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IROCZman15 Thanks for following up with that information.

I definitely understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, this issue needs to be looked into on a case by case basis to determine if it is an issue with specific ads that are running.

I have escalated your feedback regarding the ad you mentioned to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

If you hear any other Spanish ads and are able to grab a screenshot of them, please send those in a reply to this message and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

rudejohn
Underground

I am hearing a Spanish ad right now. I do not speak Spanish. It is a T-Mobile ad that referenced AT&T and Verizon. A screenshot won't help, because all I saw on my screen was a black box that said "ADVERTISEMENT."

Station I'm listening to is not Spanish, it's Explosions in the Sky Radio: https://www.pandora.com/station/play/3554329855440041944

I have no idea why I'm getting ads in Spanish. Perhaps because I have a Rodrigo y Gabriela station on my channels list? But that's only because I saw them live and love their music... which is instrumental and not in Spanish.

0 Kudos

francisew
Underground

@AdamPandora Spanish ad- Metro by T-Mobile, June 12 at 11:26 AM. Station was either Classical Goes Pop Radio or Alan Walker Radio.

Screenshot_20220612-112617.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rudejohn Does the report below from @francisew sound familiar to the ad you heard?

Or do you believe yours was a different ad for T-Mobile?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @francisew.

I've escalated this over to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos