cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
237 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twinpeaks1965 The ad you reported on 10/29/23 was escalated to our Ads team for further review. It appeared to be an ad for AT&T (Titanio - iPhone 15 Pro) that was playing at the times you reported.

To clarify, is that same ad still playing on your account, or is a different one now playing?

If a different Spanish ad is playing, we will need to report that one separately as well.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

twinpeaks1965
Underground

I've not heard it at all today, or any Spanish ads. I've even heard new ads in English. So thank you 🤗

0 Kudos

twinpeaks1965
Underground

It just played again, at 8:59am MST. Then it played an English ad and the skill stopped.  Again at 11:21am MST. The skill didn't stop after this one.  Again at 5:29pm MST. It's the same AT&T ad.

0 Kudos

twinpeaks1965
Underground

Today I'm listening to 80s pop radio (at least, that's what Alexa is supposed to be playing). The first Spanish ad played at 8:38am MST.  Again at 10:16am MST. And at 3:14pm.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @twinpeaks1965!

I have escalated your additional reports to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

twinpeaks1965
Underground

Ok, thank you 🤗 Should I stop reporting the occurrences here?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twinpeaks1965 Yes - no need to report the same AT&T ad for now.

However, if you believe you are receiving a different Spanish ad as well, you can report that here. 

0 Kudos

twinpeaks1965
Underground

Ok 🙂 I'm keeping track of that same ad on a WordPad, if whoever it got escalated to wants to know the same info you asked for, minus the screenshot 😅 Thanks again Adam. 

KaybieRocket
Underground

At&t ad

9:03 am PST

Station: Praful Radio

0 Kudos

codegrrrl
Local Performer

Ad for Secret

5:43 pm CST

codegrrrl radio (my station)

0 Kudos

MARSHAL1X
Local Performer

How about dont put them on stations that are all English stations and only play them on Spanish stations. There is a good solution

MARSHAL1X
Local Performer

JUST NOW 12:35 EASTERN TIME ON rock hits radio

Wine and spirits ad in spanish.. 

0 Kudos

judyscustoms
Underground
That is an excellent and logical solution!

Lramirez714
Local Performer

We should the option of turning off Spanish ads.  Since they give the option on English or Spanish and I select end then all ads  should be I ENGLISH!!!!! Right now just about every ad is in Spanish and highly annoying 

Momebach
Local Performer

How do I switch from Spanish to English ads?

travelery2k
Local Performer

I also get Spanish ads ... but I can't do what is asked to deal with them. I just want it known ... STOP WITH THE SPANISH ... WHEN NEW CUSTOMERS SIGN UP, GET THEIR PREFERENCE THEN ... save the rest of us from these ads. Thank you.

KaybieRocket
Underground

Still getting them. I reported at&t a  Spanish ads a couple of months ago, but now I'm getting different ones that I can't understand enough to report the company. Got them twice so far today and I've been listening for 3 hours to Beach Bar Lounge, which has no latin music on it. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KaybieRocket Around what time frame did the two Spanish ads play on your account?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

KaybieRocket
Underground
Around 10am and 11:30 am pst
0 Kudos

suepriseme1x
Local Performer

I absolutely love the way that Pandora puts my music together... However, I am about to lose my mind with the Spanish ads. It is absolutely absurd that we don't get the option. I'm not listening to a Spanish station... Why am I getting Spanish ads?? Limit the language to the stations that they pertain to!!!