cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

Local Performer

I totally agree!

Why in the world would I want to listen to advertisements in a language I don't even understand? Have had intentions of learning Spanish, but I just haven't. This has to be a problem for thousands of people across the U.S.

Can we please fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Spanish Ads

Local Performer

How do I get rid of Spanish advertisements? I live in an area with an extremely small Spanish speaking population, that is not racist that is a fact. So, my question to Pandora is, why are you allowing Spanish ads in my area? Better yet, why Spanish ads at all. I am guess that well over 95% of you listeners speak or understand English. Stick with that. Not to mention if you are going to run Spanish ads why stop there? You are singling out one group of people. Stop. It is getting old.

"In fact, English is recognized as an official language in a total of 67 different countries, as well as 27 non-sovereign entities. Moreover, it is a major business language, as well as the official language of a number of the world’s most important institutions, including the United Nations, NATO and the European Union." 
This is a quote from a private company. 

Highlighted

Re: Commercials

Local Performer

Mine are in Spanish too and I absolutely can’t stand it. My email has been hacked, is it possible you guys are feeding off whoever hacked me for ads? Or is it based off my zip code, which...isn’t that racist? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

Local Performer

Completely agree with you...there should be some way to adjust your language preferences versus Pandora just assuming you speak Spanish because you live in the south. GRRR!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ads in my non-native tongue

Local Performer

Why do I now have ads that are in Spanish? I can't speak or understand Spanish so not only do I wait through commercials I have to painfully wait now. I have never clicked a Spanish speaking song or station. What can be done? I wouldn't mind the commercials if they were in English?

Thanks,

Tuscaloosachris

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

OK guys,

There seems to be enough people complaining about there not being an option for language in ads. How about we do something about it. It takes 20 minutes to add the option and then to categorize the ads in by language (which there seems to only be 10 ads anyway so it can't be that difficult). How about you help out your customers before they all switch to anything else...? I get that you have things going but this started in 2019 and now we are over 1/2 way through 2020 and it seems "everyone" is still complaining about the same issue...  When can we expect results? Or are you expecting to close down because of your own issues and we should all jump ship to something else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Long time listener here, I’d say 10 years or more. Today, for the first time I received an ad in Spanish, then the next one was in English. Seemed like a bug? I don’t see how it could have anything to do with information you’ve collected on me since this is the first time it’s happened in years. I just wanted to let y’all know! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground

Same thing here!  Just started receiving Spanish commercials, a language I don't speak.  Not many folks in Memphis do, btw.

I think your sponsors should be equally upset, since they can't sell me anything.

Seriously, this has been going on for 8 months on this thread.  That's lazy and tells us what you think of your customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I concur.  Annoying since I do not speak or understand Spanish.  Please fix!

0 Kudos