cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Helbringer
Underground

Pandora loses listeners due to the constant ads i mean i paid for the service once and made a mistake and emptied my bank account before pandora pulled their payment out and it bounced the **ahem** out of my account so i cancelled but i like pandora i listen to it daily but what i noticed is it's like they are pushing subscriptions by adding more and more ads and what i mean is this morning i turned it on to get ready to leave and i logged on to a ad but oh well who cares right an after a song started i was like ok cool then after 1 song i get 2 more ads now that's 3 ads in a 7min period and then i got more music but after 2 song's i get 2 more ads so now it's gotten to the point that it's out of control and soon i will be changing platforms now don't get me wrong i don't want to leave but when there are more ads then music itself it's time to leave but i will stick around longer till i get completely fed up

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
49 Replies

lehyunsu
Local Performer

There's a reason why I went from using this service daily down to only once or twice a month. I get hit with 2 ads after every other song--sometimes after even one song--without even skipping. Nice try Pandora, this isn't going to make me pay for a subscription. I'd rather use Spotify with less time wasted on ads.

0 Kudos

sixsmith
Local Performer

Thank you AdamPandora,

I recently noticed a TON of ads, almost a one to one ratio with music. after reading your feed back I realized the why.
I've recently started shuffling stations because I'm, hopefully, training thumbprint radio to several artists I've recently discovered.

one bit of feedback; because changing stations triggers more ads a disclaimer pop up the first time a person selects "shuffle stations" in, say a month, would be very advantageous.
Several day I've been force closing Pandora on my phone because of 2 ads, 1 song, 2 ads, and if I'd know that it was because of shuffling stations I'd have just stuck with one station at a time.

0 Kudos

slidinstop
Local Performer

Yep, same. Song, commercial, song, commercial. Jesus. Right now I'm streaming it via the "app" on my LG TV. Watching it skip two or three excellent songs then commercial. Song, skip two or three, commercial...repeat.

0 Kudos

caroline659
Local Performer

I having been using Pandora for at least 10 years.  For many of those years I was a subscriber and paid a monthly fee for the app and the music.  At some point I found that I needed to cancel my subscription because of financial issues.  I continued to log on with my same user name but only with the free version.  I kid you not..... I would swear that I am being punished for canceling my subscription by having ads playing every 3 or 4 songs.  My husband, who has never subscribed, does not have the same experience.  He said he rarely gets any ads.  Is there some weird algorithm that I have fallen into that makes me have double or triple the ads as anyone else? I may create a whole new persona just to see if new users get as many ads as ex-subscribers.  I can't imagine that if you were a new user and had as many ads as a radio station that you would continue using the service.  What would be the point?   Aargh.  Okay, rant over.

crickett
Local Performer

I'm writing in 2021 (March), and oh my goodness, the ads have gotten so bad and often that I'm thinking of finding another music site.  Pandora makes money off the advertisers, I doubt they have to increase the advertisements like they have.  I counted at times maybe 2 songs between advertisements.  Bad, bad, bad, going to cause loss of customers.

StevenNoyb
Local Performer

Yeah I loved Pandora for years, but recently I can't cough without an ad popping up. Uninstalled.

0 Kudos

jefisbored
Local Performer

How can you say that with a straight face? I have been attempting to read at my desk while listening to a Bach station which generally helps me focus. The max for the past hour has been two songs before jarring my concentration away with a loud advert. It is absolutely abysmal compared to how great Pandora used to be. 

0 Kudos

froppymha22
Local Performer

Too many ads

google.com  always comes up and it’s annoying

0 Kudos

crochester
Local Performer

I had an account for several years.  Pandora has added all this advertising **ahem** in the last couple.  For me it hampers my use of the app.  When I drive, I can't use my reading glasses and can't see all the navigation buttons.  That **ahem**!

I guess I'll check out the other music companies.

So long Pandora 

0 Kudos

Booter308
Local Performer

Looking for some help as Pandora support will not provide a reasonable answer on an Ad issue.

I just upgraded to a pixel 6 pro. After uploading Pandora to the new phone, I get an Ad after every single song. I do not pay for a subscription anymore. I have in the past but decided I was fine with the 1, sometimes 2 Ads for 20 to 30 minutes of music. Now driving and workouts are more of a bother with an Ad after every song. Any thoughts? Keep in mind, I am not skipping or jumping stations.

I still use my created playlists and with 1 Ad, I still get the normal, roughly 30 minutes of music. But that is in my playlist that was created when I had a subscription. 

Thank you

0 Kudos

kevomac12
Underground

Commercials during my music streaming/listening

Has anyone discovered how to disable these nuisances??

0 Kudos

Danielmortega92
Local Performer

There are times like just now that i get an AD after every song. It makes want to Uninstall that ap. And ive had pandora only for years

bper5310
Local Performer

Are you kidding me? A commercial after EVERY 2 to 3 songs? And changing stations counts as "songs listened to? No thanks, I'll go back to Spotify. 

Jimilouis
Local Performer

I'm finding a new platform also. I can handle an ad or 2 here and there. But now it's almost every or every other song, and they're too long. Advertisers like to shove it down your throat and I'm done with that. I'll use an mp3 player again if need be. If you can't keep your advertisers in limits, it's time for me to leave. I'm sure I speak what many want to say. So see ya . . . 

Fourtywater77
Underground

Don't mind the commercials but playing them after every song is annoying. FM radio at least pay commercials after 3 songs 

Js

christophergaud
Local Performer

Funny how est gee plays an add maybe every other 5 songs but a Christian artist has an add every other song. I can't even get into a workout due to it. Literally every other song 3 times after launching the station but est gee right to the music. Funny. Probably highly illegal as well

johnbit
Underground

Is it me or are the ads going every 10 minutes now?

0 Kudos

jon007
Local Performer

Dude, I have TOTALLY experienced the same thing.  I rarely play my 80's alternative station, but when I do commercials aren't really an issue at all.  However, when I play my Christian station it is MARKEDLY different.  Religiously (no pun intended) I get a commercial every two songs.  Today, I finally created a new user to test it out and there was no change--commercials every 2 songs.  I have been listening to the same station for probably 20 years.  I have now decided to find another platform--the commercials are just too much.  

0 Kudos

honest-reviewer
Local Performer

I understand the need to advertise...I truly do.

But Pandora has gotten to the point of being waaaay more advertising than music. UNLESS YOU UPGRADE. Which I'm not willing to do because there are so many other platforms available these days that are so less annoying with advertising that I don't have to put up with Pandora anymore. I used to try and "mute" the advertising on Pandora so that I didn't have to listen to the incredibly annoying advertising. But it became sort of a full-time job that I decided wasn't worth the effort. I have sought out other venues for music after becoming exhausted with the awfulness of ads on Pandora....Too much, way too much Pandora....

0 Kudos

Luis2065
Local Performer

Hi: I saw an increase in ad's in the programs. It is very unconfortable.

Change from every 30 min, now is every 15 min, from one ad increase to two

Why ? , please 

Luis Garcia

8 years suscriptor 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos