cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted charge when initiating a 6-month trial

spacedood
Local Performer

Hi,
I pay $4.99 a month for pandora basic or plus. (the $4.99 tier, whatever it is named. )
- pandora offered me a premium upgrade for $4.99 a month for 6 months, then $9.99 a month.
I wanted that, so I processed the upgrade ..And when the payment  info step came around.. I was expected to pay more ?! Pandora wanted a partial month payment which would mean I'd be overpaying.

..Umm....Wth ?!
Follow with me here..
I already pay the $4.99 a month. The upgrade offer is the same price ($4.99) for 6 months.
So why are you trying to take more money ?!

Moderator edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spacedood  Nice to see you around the community!

Pandora Plus monthly subscribers who haven't yet received a Premium trial are eligible for six months of Premium at the cost of Plus.

When you upgrade, however, you will be charged a small amount for a new month of your regular subscription. That's because we'll need to reset your payment date in order to initiate the trial. Rest assured, that this will be less than your normal payment -- we will prorate the first month of your Premium trial to reflect the time left in your current month of Plus.

When your Premium trial renews the following month, you'll be charged your regular rate (plus any applicable taxes).

As long as you cancel this trial before the six months are up, you won't be charged the full rate for Premium ($9.99 USD monthly or $109.89 USD annually, when purchased directly from Pandora).

I hope this helps to explain. Feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

thateb
Local Performer
they should send an email explaining. check email.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spacedood  Nice to see you around the community!

Pandora Plus monthly subscribers who haven't yet received a Premium trial are eligible for six months of Premium at the cost of Plus.

When you upgrade, however, you will be charged a small amount for a new month of your regular subscription. That's because we'll need to reset your payment date in order to initiate the trial. Rest assured, that this will be less than your normal payment -- we will prorate the first month of your Premium trial to reflect the time left in your current month of Plus.

When your Premium trial renews the following month, you'll be charged your regular rate (plus any applicable taxes).

As long as you cancel this trial before the six months are up, you won't be charged the full rate for Premium ($9.99 USD monthly or $109.89 USD annually, when purchased directly from Pandora).

I hope this helps to explain. Feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions.

0 Kudos