cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Podcast Commercials

Marc5656
Local Performer

I pay $5.99 a month but still get commercials on podcasts. How much do I have to pay to avoid commercials on podcasts?

Marc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marc5656 Nice to see you around the Community.

Some podcasts on Pandora are pre-compressed audio files, so advertisements that appear in the original recording will still be heard.

Since these are not advertisements from Pandora, they cannot be removed or disabled.

Hope this helps explain!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Ampogue
Local Performer

I paid for premium Pandora membership and I was listening to a Podcast and I still had ADVERTISEMENTS I was wondering why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marc5656 Nice to see you around the Community.

Some podcasts on Pandora are pre-compressed audio files, so advertisements that appear in the original recording will still be heard.

Since these are not advertisements from Pandora, they cannot be removed or disabled.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ampogue I moved your post over to this existing thread: Avoid Podcast Commercials

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dudebroh
Local Performer

tried friends pandora plus to get commercial free podcasts. well i still got commercials

no reason to subscribe now

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @dudebroh!

Merged your post with an already existing thread: Avoid Podcast Commercials

Check out the accepted solution for more info. You may want to check out our podcast partner over at Stitcher for more podcasting options. They have an extensive library of podcasts and additional features you may enjoy.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dudebroh
Local Performer

u have a list of pandora plus podcasts with no commercials?

0 Kudos

Mcginnb4
Local Performer

I disagree with this response. We have a premium subscription and I get hearing the ads recorded by the Podcaster. I don't love it, but I understand.  Lately though, I am hearing targeted ads, not recorded by the Podcaster, from local businesses and the county health agency, that specifically reference things occurring locally now. The county health ad just played four times in a row. The demand that I pay another, additional fee to the Podcaster and change my listening platform to avoid this is putting me off podcasts.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mcginnb4 The next time that ad plays, can you please grab a screenshot of it and send it in a reply to this thread?

Additionally, please make note of the exact date and time the ad played.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos