cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Google - Switch to military plan

Braceykay
Local Performer

I'm trying to switch my plan to the military plan. How?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Braceykay Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Google Play.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the military rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Braceykay Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the military rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

0 Kudos

cmvd1964
Local Performer

Do I have to cancel my account to change from (Amazon) Plus to (Google) Premier Military? And - if I cancel my account will I lose all the stations I've created over the past years?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmvd1964 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Google - Switch to military plan

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, check out the accepted solution to this thread for more info.

Also, if you do choose to switch to Pandora Premium Military, this will not result in the loss of any of your stations/thumb feedback/playlists.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I signed up for Plus but do not like it due to commercials. So im trying to upgrade to Premium Military and I've been approved by SheerID. Google Pay will not let me upgrade until one month when my subscription ends. Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Google - Switch to military plan

I do see that your account is currently upgraded through Google Play.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, you will need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire first.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more info.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I did see this before in a reply to someone else but feel Pandora or Google could do something about it if they really wanted to . Therefore I will not subscribe again to Pandora. It seems to be totally run by AI. Cant contact anyone ever! And I do not want ANY connection to Google due! I'll go with another Music service from now on. End of story.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 While Pandora does not offer phone support, there are a number of other ways you can contact us with any questions you have.

Check out this thread for more information: How to contact customer service?

This being said, I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Schrecken13
Local Performer

I cancelled my plus subscription in Google play and even removed it from that app. I was told that the subscription would expire on 5/1/21, and now it is 5/2 and I am still getting messages that say I need to cancel my Google play subscription. I see this message when I click the "upgrade" button (doing this on a PC and not in the app on my phone) and click military discount for premium (which I have already been verified for).

How do I complete the upgrade and still get the military discount?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schrecken13 I'm showing your subscription through Google Play has now been canceled.

You should be able to apply for the military rate from our website.

0 Kudos

Lthousekeeper83
Local Performer

I already have a $5.99 a month Pandora account and noticed that for a couple of bucks more I could have a military account. So I applied for a military account and used the benefits letter from the United States Dept of Veterans Affairs for my proof of service. Within a few minutes I got an email telling me that that document with all of my military information on it is not official enough. Really? Makes me wonder what their, (the people that replied so quickly), United States Military status is?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lthousekeeper83 It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Google Play.

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student or Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your current subscription, check out this thread: Manage subscription: Google Play

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the student or military rate from Pandora website.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Kein_Deutscher
Underground

I cancelled my Google Play subscription and it shows as "Expired" "Expired on 29July" but my account still shows as being PLUS.  How do I get that to end?

I was attempting to switch to the Military Premium but can't do that when I already have PLUS subscription from Google Play.

Any ideas?

Much thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kein_Deutscher I do see your account has now reverted back to the free service.

You should now be able to apply for the military rate from our website.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Kein_Deutscher
Underground

I'm setup and G2G. Thanks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @Kein_Deutscher.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

Msholtes
Local Performer

I've had my Pandora account for some time now and just read there is a military discount available. How do I apply that discount to my current account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Msholtes I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Google - Switch to military plan

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, check out the accepted solution to this thread for more info.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Kein_Deutscher
Underground

I had to cancel my subscription then wait until it expired.
After my account reverted back to Pandora Basic, I was able to sign up for the Military plan.

NOTE(s)
- I entered my service dates and was immediately approved
- Fortunately, my subscription was monthly so I just had to wait a few weeks.
-- I don't know if Pandora (or Google Play) offers any options for terminating annual plans.

Good luck.

Utelake
Underground

I think my subscription is due. I want to upgrade to the military special it is about eight dollars a month

I want to use a different card 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos