cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Subscriptions are currently unavailable" when upgrading through Google Play

Sking3489
Local Performer

It says subscriptions unavailable try again later. I dont want to lose my collections!!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 03/12/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

We believe this issue is now resolved.

You can now use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you without the error message popping up.

Let me know if you continue to run in to issues with this. 

Thanks! 😁

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sking3489 It looks like you have multiple accounts set up with Pandora, and your subscription through Google Play is getting transferred between the both of them. 

Transferring of subscriptions occurs when you're using the same Google Play account on your Android devices, but different Pandora accounts.

In other words, a subscription purchased with a particular Google Play account can only be applied to one Pandora account at a time.

Don't worry though, you have not been double charged as a result of the transfer.

Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device, so you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

I would recommend transferring your subscription to your Pandora account with the most stations and deleting the duplicate account to avoid future confusion.

To transfer your subscription to the Pandora account you'd like to keep, you'll need to first make sure you're logged in with that address and Pandora password on your Android device.

To find the active account use the following steps:

1. Open the Pandora app and select the Profile tab.
  2. Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Check the email address next to the Account field. If this is not correct, scroll down and select Sign Out. Then log back in with the correct account.
  4. Next, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar and choose Upgrade.
  5. Then select Retrieve Your Subscription towards the bottom of that page.

This should retrieve your subscription for you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I will also have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

Smurfie
Local Performer

I don't know if any has an answer for this but... So I upgraded my pandora through Google play. When I open the pandora app and go to upgrad it tells my I already have a subscription and do I want to apply it to my account. I tell it yes and the it says subscription are currently unavailable try again later. Did I do something wrong and do I need to do something els or is this something that happens and I just wait and keep trying?  Thanks

0 Kudos

D1ES3LG4NGXBOX
Local Performer

So i try to do upgrade and i have a premium subscription on my Google play account and it keeps saying cant access subscriptions at this time please try again later why can't i put my subscription on my account 

0 Kudos

ryang182
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. I tried signing out and back in,  restarting the app, and restarting my phone. It still won't let me apply the subscription. Version 2101.1 of app which seems to be the latest. Just gives me a magic 8 ball answer described in the prior post of trying again later.

0 Kudos

altTab
Local Performer

Same issue here but with the plus plan. Exact same behavior as you described. Sounds like something wonky is going on with their app/billing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

0 Kudos

WendyC
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue 

0 Kudos

RedRams84
Local Performer

Started a Trial, received Google Play confirmation, but still being served up ads on all my Android devices. What gives?

0 Kudos

ryang182
Local Performer

As a work around what I did was...Go into Google Play and cancelled the Pandora upgrade subscription. Then went through my computer to the Pandora website and upgraded through there instead, and it appears to have worked. Just make sure you cancel in google play first, since I image you would get double charged after the 30day trial. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@D1ES3LG4NGXBOX I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RedRams84 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: Subscriptions are currently unavailable when upgrading through Google Play

It looks like you already have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smurfie @WendyC @ryang182 @altTab It does sound like something might be going on if you are all reporting the same issue.

Would it be possible for one of you to send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

I can then pass that along to our billing department so they can further investigate.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Chelsinator33
Local Performer

I was just about to post these asking what's going on but I see a bunch of people are having the same issue. The second screenshot is what happens when you click apply.

Screenshot_20210311-084048_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20210311-084054_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

RedRams84
Local Performer

Adam, had already located that solution, but it just leads to more errors as noted by so many others. When I click, "Retrieve your subscription" I get a message acknowledging my account has a subscription and asking if I want to apply it. When selected, I get an error, "Subscriptions are currently unavailable. please try again later."

I've been trying on various Android devices, via the app and via the website, about every hour, for over 5 hours now...

0 Kudos

RedRams84
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210311_074106.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @RedRams84.

I am going to pass this information along to the support agent who is working on your case.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for posting these screenshots, @Chelsinator33.

I have created a ticket with our billing team and added your information so they can further investigate.

Please keep an eye out on this thread as I will be posting an update as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Oceanflowin
Local Performer

Hello, I checked my card and it was charged 4.99. When asked to apply the subscription to my account it pops up with "subscription unavailable at this time" which is not okay since I paid for it. I tried signing in and out yet have seen no upgrade to my account. Please help or refund me thanks! 

0 Kudos

Triplea1979
Local Performer

Signed up to the 30 day trial but says subscriptions unavailable try again later

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 03/12/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

We believe this issue is now resolved.

You can now use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you without the error message popping up.

Let me know if you continue to run in to issues with this. 

Thanks! 😁

0 Kudos