Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maldita22 The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

To do that on a mobile device:

1. Go to Profile.
  2. Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and then Advanced.
  3. Scroll down to Artist Audio Messages. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

To do that from your computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings, then Content Settings.
  3. Toggle the switch to turn Artist Audio Messages Off, or if you'd like to disable these messages for specific stations, uncheck individual boxes underneath Play Artist Audio Messages.

Thanks for being a part of te community! 🎶

View solution in original post

40 Replies

Nicholas
Underground

I signed up for a Family Plan membership earlier this month, and I just had an add pop up in my feed a few minutes ago. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholas Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Nicholas
Underground

@AdamPandora Thanks for the reply,

I am logged in with my subscribed account, and I'm sure because I can send family invites from inside the app. I will try logging out and in as you suggest.

I was supprised, because it's the first ad I've heard since subscribing. It was a specific band I don't remember which one, but I recognized the name, and it was related to bands in the station I was listening to. It was a short ad: "Hi, we're [band name]. Click the banner to view our live tour dates" or something like that; about 5 seconds.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholas Thanks for getting back with that information.

The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

1. Go to Profile.
  3. Scroll down to Artist Audio Messages. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

3. Toggle the switch to turn Artist Audio Messages Off, or if you'd like to disable these messages for specific stations, uncheck individual boxes underneath Play Artist Audio Messages.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gabyjoy73 If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Maldita22
Local Performer
Same with me; it will be fine for a few days but every once in a while a commercial sneaks in. Why is this happening? I pay for the service specifically to avoid commercials.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Maldita22 thanks for posting to community! 

I checked your account and I see that you are upgraded to Pandora Plus. Can you tell me a little more about the commercial.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Maldita22
Local Performer

It's a short ad of a man talking, while listening to the "Spa Music" podcast station.  I did not pay attention to what exactly he said, but I definitely caught "Thank you for listening to Pandora".

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maldita22 The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

1. Go to Profile.

Thanks for being a part of te community! 🎶

AWood
Local Performer

Why do I keep getting "Message from artist" tracts playing when I pay for Pandora Plus so that I have add free listening?  

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @AWood Welcome to community! Sorry for any confusion.

The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

1. Go to Profile.

Thanks again for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DrObbins
Underground

I am paying Pandora for commercial free music. Two basic points:

1. Play music.

2. No commercials.

Any questions about that statement?

OK - Why are there "Artists Message"? How is it anything but a commercial ? Why can't I give it a thumbs down so I never have to hear it again?

When I open my Pandora app on the iPnone, a screen for "Your Fresh Monday Picks" shows up. How is it anything but a commercial ? Why can't the app just pick up where it left off playing the same station?

If Pandora insists on providing commercials, why should I continue to pay for it?

Between this and the new PC desktop app with it's awful colors, I am really beginning to HATE using Pandora. Why can't you just make a simple app that just plays music like before? Your "new & improved" apps are potentially dangerious. The last think we need while driving is having to mess with the app to get it to do what it is intended to do. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

LoOps
Local Performer

You can turn off artist messaging in settings but I still cant figure out how to turn off the “ fresh picks” that takes up the whole welcome screen and then repeats itself when you scroll down. I don’t even like Drake, at least Pandora can advertise on my account artists or genre I frequent listen to. I paid for no ads

0 Kudos

LingonberryJams
Local Performer

How do you stop commercials in the PAID subscription? It's so jarring (and stupid).  I now feel negatively about the artist.  Why would I ever want a voice inside my ear while I'm in bed out of no where saying "Hi everybody. Enjoy this song from our new album." Why?  It's the stupidest idea. I have a paid subscription solely to prevent commercials. I'm not buying their album (ever) because they drop a message letting me know the next song is from their new album. Who cares? Sorry to rant but twice now this voice has popped in and really startled me: in bed and in the night outside at our condo's bike rack. I need it to stop.

Thanks

TannerPandora

Hi @LingonberryJams, I've moved your message over to an existing post: Getting discovery & artist messages while upgraded

Please check out @AdamPandora accepted solution here for steps on how to turn off Artist Discovery and Messaging. 

Thanks for posting on community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Bondo007
Local Performer

Can anyone provide more details on how to shut off artist messages?  I cannot find in settings anywhere. 
(iOS, iPhone app)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Bondo007. 👋

I can help with that.

To disable Artist or Discovery Messaging on a mobile device:

1. Go the the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap on the Settings gear in the top right hand corner and then Advanced.
  3. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

Hope this helps! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

DrObbins
Underground

Thank you!

Bondo007
Local Performer

Thank you, this was a big help!
i didn't realize i could click on it as it wasn’t an obvious button, just text.