I'm getting commercials ut paid for premium. Ive logged out then back in

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
40 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrObbins @Bondo007 We're always happy to help out however we can!

Hope we continue to see the two of you around the community! 😎

0 Kudos

sidneybrns
Local Performer

I paid to have the ads removed and I can still hear them. How do we correct this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sidneybrns, thanks for posting. I've moved your message over to an existing post that I believe related to your issue: Getting discovery & artist messages while upgraded

I checked your Pandora account associated with your community profile and can confirm that you are upgraded to Premium. 

Please check out @AdamPandora accepted solution here for more details on the announcements you may be hearing. 

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Marysbzee
Local Performer

Si want add blocks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marysbzee Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

For instructions on how you can disable Artist or Discovery Messages, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Nobalony
Local Performer

Hi there, 

I am having the same issue with artist messaging.  This is in the app. I do notice there's an on/off button for this in settings, once you hit edit (found on your station's main page). I have been able to simply slide this messaging to OFF in the past, but........

Now it's not letting me turn off artist messaging for some reason.  The button won't slide.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos

Nobalony
Local Performer

Hey, thanks for this tip! I had just posted asking this same question about artist messaging.  So I tried your suggestion and it worked.  Thanks again!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nobalony Glad to hear those suggestions worked out for you.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁

0 Kudos

Hannahsoger
Underground

I pay for pandora plus and notice I get ads too. In the subscription is says ads may be there to unlock new music to listen to, but I was in the middle of a Christmas song when it started playing an ad. So what’s this about? I was noticing for awhile I was getting “ads” from the artists but that’s a feature in the settings I turned off. But this was a longer ad, almost a minute long in the middle of a song. Is this normal?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hannahsoger I moved your post over to this existing thread: Getting discovery & artist messages while upgraded

Can you please send me a screenshot of the next ad that plays on your stations?

I'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Hannahsoger
Underground

5A378C97-565C-4779-B9AA-5477F82C5EEA.png

Sure he’s one from yesterday. The only thing I can think of is the fact that it was a newer station I had created but I’m still paying for pandora so I don’t see why that would give me ads? I also had a couple others yesterday but I’ll be sure to screen shot as I see them.  

0 Kudos

Hannahsoger
Underground

When I click on “why ads” it tells me to upgrade to either plus or premium. But I already have plus?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hannahsoger I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to sign out of the app and sign back in to your upgraded account.

In the meantime, if another ad pops up today, please send us a screenshot of that as well.

Thanks for all your patience with this. 

0 Kudos

Hannahsoger
Underground

Got it, I went ahead and logged out and back in. No ads so far today but have been listening to my normal stations!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hannahsoger Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

0 Kudos

SonnyBoyd
Local Performer

What gives? While listening to my stations, I get interrupted by what sounds like an Ad for Lindsay Stirling announcing a new album. I checked, and sure enough, there is a spot in my playlist where it played this ad. My genre is musical compositions for Movies - how does that make anyone or anything think I am interested in an artist whose love for classical music with electronic dance and hip-hop would even have the slightest interest to me. Pandora needs to govern their contributors to stay within their bailiwicks. Not interested and No Notifications means NO NOTIFICATIONS.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SonnyBoyd I moved your post over to this existing thread: Getting discovery & artist messages while upgraded

For instructions on how you can disable Artist or Discovery Messages, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

mycoal
Local Performer

Is there a way to turn off the periodic announcement “You’re listening to the hottest hits” on Hottest Hits mode? I have ad-free subscription, that means I just want to listen to music, which includes not hearing Pandora’s own ads/announcements. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mycoal. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I've taken a look at your account and I do see that you have artist messaging disabled. 

• Is this happening after disabling artist messaging?
  • Or, did it stop when you made that change?
  • Also, does this occur on your Today's Hits Radio station? Any other stations?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Chlohad
Local Performer

I pay for no ads on Pandora. I discovered a new mode where my top hits radio plays "hottest hits" mode. But everytime I play it, it gives me an ad letting me know I'm playing hottest hits every few songs. How do I get rid of this? The message from artist is turned off.

0 Kudos