cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Google Play: Pandora Premium Price Increase

jyoung
Underground

So I just got an email from Pandora that they are raising the premium subscription rate to $10.99. So let me get this straight...you haven't had time to communicate with the andriod community that uses your app about the problem that has been ongoing for almost 6 mos, but YOU DO have time to discuss raising the monthly price and send out a communication about it. Lord knows I've tried to be patient, but that's it for me. Spotify...he we come! Middle finger to Pandora!!!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 04/30/24:

Hi, everyone!

Despite the continual rise in music licensing costs, we have been able to maintain consistent subscription prices; however, the current increase in our fees indicates how significant those licensing costs are.

We’re continuously working to control these expenses while still providing a high-quality listening experience.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jfralli
Underground

Sharing this on X.

Funny how i tried to reply to your msg direct from my email and pandora website says "msg not found". 

This busines of customer service companies not handling issues 1st but then raising prices 1st. Blame it on investors i guess.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

simmerje
Local Performer

10.99!!!! For what?????????????

Your about to loose my business. It **ahem** that I have to redo my play list with another APP. Your APP hasn't been working correctly for almost a year and you want to raise the price. Fix the problems with you APP before asking for more handouts. I have been a customer for a long time and I am going to have to say good bye. If there is no improvements and less music available, how do you expect people to pay you. Do not raise the price or it is goodbye. I hope others follow suit and let you see your APP is not worth more. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 04/30/24:

Hi, everyone!

Despite the continual rise in music licensing costs, we have been able to maintain consistent subscription prices; however, the current increase in our fees indicates how significant those licensing costs are.

We’re continuously working to control these expenses while still providing a high-quality listening experience.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

0 Kudos