cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate increased from $4.99 a month to $5.30

gump33lt
Local Performer

My subscription rate just increased from $4.99 a month to $5.30 with no notification from Pandora. Anyone else getting scammed?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @gump33lt.

Welcome to the community!

Apologies for any confusion around our prices. 

I checked in with our support team regarding your account, and it appears that you're being billed through the Google Play Store billing system.

The additional amount you saw on your bank statement is the sales tax that was added to the purchase. By law, we must charge sales tax on all our subscriptions. Rates are calculated based on where you live and are not additional profit for us – we send that directly to your state.

You can find out more about which states the Google Play Store collects sales taxes from here

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @gump33lt.

Welcome to the community!

Apologies for any confusion around our prices. 

I checked in with our support team regarding your account, and it appears that you're being billed through the Google Play Store billing system.

The additional amount you saw on your bank statement is the sales tax that was added to the purchase. By law, we must charge sales tax on all our subscriptions. Rates are calculated based on where you live and are not additional profit for us – we send that directly to your state.

You can find out more about which states the Google Play Store collects sales taxes from here

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

B51790
Local Performer

It's not a scam, it's taxes.  Taxes are charged on just about everything.