cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still able to access explicit content with Premium Family

AlohaGirl
Local Performer

The first thing I did was make sure that my kids cannot access explicit content when I signed up for a family plan. However, we can all access all explicit content. How can this be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlohaGirl While there is an option to disable explicit content in Pandora Premium, each account in your family plan will have its own explicit filter setting.

Also, the explicit filter will only apply to your radio stations; if someone in your family plan creates a playlist or plays a podcast, they'll be able to choose from both explicit and clean tracks.

However, you and the premium family members can identify explicit tracks and podcast episodes by their red "E" label. To keep explicit songs from playing on your playlists, avoid adding songs with that label.

In the meantime, I've made a note of your request for more explicit filtering options in Premium Family.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlohaGirl While there is an option to disable explicit content in Pandora Premium, each account in your family plan will have its own explicit filter setting.

Also, the explicit filter will only apply to your radio stations; if someone in your family plan creates a playlist or plays a podcast, they'll be able to choose from both explicit and clean tracks.

However, you and the premium family members can identify explicit tracks and podcast episodes by their red "E" label. To keep explicit songs from playing on your playlists, avoid adding songs with that label.

In the meantime, I've made a note of your request for more explicit filtering options in Premium Family.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos

LambFamily
Local Performer

Are there any updates on this issue? I've recently purchased a family plan, but the explicit content filter is not working. Please update.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LambFamily I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still able to access explicit content with Premium Family

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Erikalmt
Local Performer

I Request the option to filter explicit content out of playlists. Other streaming music apps make it so when I toggle on “filter explicit content” it will gray out all songs labeled Explicit. I strongly suggest Pandora adopt this model. I do not want my family exposed to explicit content. When we search for songs, I would like the explicit songs to be excluded or at least grayed out so they can’t be played.

0 Kudos