danmichelinie
Local Performer

Paid for Pandora Plus and still hearing ads and have limited skips

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
65 Replies

JustPlayThatOne
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem, and I chose to create a station.  It switched from the song I was listening to and started the station.  It's still playing ads.  That should not have triggered premium.  I've been paying for this for around a year now, and I have had ads ever since.  It doesn't work any differently than my free account did.  I should get a free month for every month I had plus where it was playing ads.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JustPlayThatOne I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

JustPlayThatOne
Local Performer

Thank you.  They contacted me already and helped me figure out the problem.  I appreciate you taking care of it so quickly. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @JustPlayThatOne.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Shugar
Local Performer

I dont stream or demand and I don't get ad free either!

Pandora plus subscriber!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shugar Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

64jdunaway1111
Local Performer

I signed up for Pandora Plus and have started a free trial. My subscription is confirmed by Google Play. Yet, I am still hearing ads. I turned off ads by artists. Please let me know what to do.

Sincerely,

John D.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@64jdunaway1111 I moved your post over to this thread since it sounds like you signed up for a subscription through Google Play: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

If you can confirm you signed up for the trial through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

0 Kudos

ashleyhove85
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. My premium subscription was paid using my checking account but I don't have any of the premium options available. When I click on upgrade, it shows that I have the Premium Subscription already. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

Sjl50177
Local Performer

I have paid through google play for my premium sub for years now.  Bank was hacked payment lapsed 1x! Updated everything,  cannot access any of my saved songs ect!!!!  Only gives options for stations and podcasts, when I hit upgrade in settings menu,  it tells me I have premium ‌😡‌🤦‍‌♀️‌🤷‍‌♀️‌‌⁉️‌‌⁉️‌ .... Im about to switch to spotify!!! This is **ahem**! Same things going on for my husband aswell(same everything!)   ***and why theres no support # is seriously irritating!!!!‌😡

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ashleyhove85 I do see your account is upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sjl50177 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

If you are still unable to access any of your Premium content, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Donuts1
Local Performer

I paid through Google play to get premium and it went through may 14 but it's still making me watch an ad if I want to listen to a specific song and giving me ads randomly throughout listening. When I click upgrade in the top corner, it says that I have premium. It doesn't give me the option anywhere to restore my purchase. I've tried logging out and back in and that didn't work either. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Donuts1 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Dustinf90
Local Performer

I paid for the subscription it took the money out of my account so why am i still seeing ads?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dustinf90 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Jayrock82
Local Performer

I just paid my subscription I done reset my phone and Pandora still playing advertising 🤬🤬🤬

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jayrock82 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

terryw77
Local Performer

paying preium and still getting ads

For at least 3 months I have sent a question about how to correct the error that I am paying for no ads and II have received no help, correction or information. ?????? Please cancel my Account

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@terryw77 This is the first message from your account I've seen posted on our Community.

I also checked in with our support team and do not see any prior history of email contacts from this account.

This being said, I do see your account was previously upgraded through Google Play.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

In the meantime, I have also created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos