cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Local Performer

Hello I’m having the same issue I paid for the subscription and my Pandora didn’t update I’m still hearing commercials How do I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

@Wicked I created a new thread for your post as you are currently experiencing a separate issue.

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain. Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
113 Replies
Highlighted

@Wicked I created a new thread for your post as you are currently experiencing a separate issue.

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain. Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Thank you Adam. If I decide to upgrade to the premium today will I be charged the premium price and the plus charge since I just paid for the plus 2 days ago?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi there, @Wicked. 👋

Since you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I don't understand this response. What is Pandora Plus, if paying for a Pandora Plus subscription merely triggers a temporary Pandora Premium subscription? I do not want Premium. I do not want to be asked whether I want Premium. I do not want to keep being told that my Premium session has just ended. I don't want to know how to start a Premium session. I am not a Premium subscriber. If I wanted a Premium account I would sign up for one. Nonetheless, I am unable to use Pandora without Premium attacking me from all sides, and apparently, I am unable to do anything but use a temporary Premium account. This is a confusing, frustrating, and time consuming experience that makes me feel that Pandora is not for me. 

Highlighted

Hi, @GregV. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused. I'm happy to help get things back on track.

To clarify, with a Plus subscription - you do not have to enable any sessions of Premium. A Premium session can be initiated if you decide you'd like to listen to an album, playlist, or song on-demand. If you attempt to listen on-demand with Plus, you'll trigger an advertisement in order to enter the complimentary session.

++

Based on your message, it sounds like you're starting these sessions accidentally. 

Does this occur when you attempt to create a station? 

Let me know, and I can definitely help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Highlighted

Adds after subscribed

Local Performer
Why I am listing adds after subscribed
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Adds after subscribed

@Mims25 I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Check out the accepted solution to this post for more information on why you are still seeing ads on your account.

It looks like you are also initiating free sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on demand.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No ads

Local Performer

i paid for my Pandora no ads today and it's not working!!!!

Hello how do I get it to work or refund me my $5!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: No ads

@breea2991 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

It looks like you are also initiating free sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on demand.

Check out the accepted solution to this post for more information on why you are still seeing ads on your account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hearing ads on Paid Subscription

Local Performer

I am suddenly hearing ads on my account and there is NO EMAIL address to send any questions to - just this community post site. WTH???? I don't pay to hear ads

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Hearing ads on Paid Subscription

@bamajanice I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

It looks like you may be hearing ads due to playing content on-demand.

For a complete explanation on this, check out the accepted solution to this post.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos