cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Wicked
Local Performer

Hello I’m having the same issue I paid for the subscription and my Pandora didn’t update I’m still hearing commercials How do I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
168 Replies

AdamPandora

@Fandldan000 I moved your post to this thread as the accepted solution provides some information on why you may still trigger advertisements with your Pandora Plus subscription. 

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

paffeldt
Local Performer

Why am I still hearing commercials? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @paffeldt, thanks for posting to community. I've moved your message over to an existing thread on this subject: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I double checked your account and confirm that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus. I would recommend checking out @AdamPandora accepted solution for more information on why you may be hearing ads. You can find it by clicking here.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

tomtheriault
Local Performer

I paid for a year and I still get stupid ads.  I mean come on for christ sakes!  Why would any normal person pay for a service and then what to see an ad?

Total !@#$%$$#@ I really hate Pandora 😞

All website who use community chat to deal with customer service are  real losers in my eye ... I mean you have a service business, you answer the phone and I can not wait to cancel this stupid subscription... keep the money ... god almighty! what a complete total waste of my time ... maybe donate the money to animal rescue! at least the money will go to something worthy! rather than ads.

Vomit!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tomtheriault, thanks for posting to community.

I checked your account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus and not Premium. You're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, since on-demand content is only a feature of Premium, this is why you're seeing ads. 

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, such as albums or songs, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away or "on-demand". Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand content, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that this complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium,  you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires. 

Hope that explain why you received an ads.

0 Kudos

_javonpowell11
Local Performer

I paid for Pandora Plus and I’m still getting ads upgraded through apple

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@_javonpowell11 I moved your post to this thread as it looks like you are triggering advertisements when attempting to stream content on demand.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this. 

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

lindakleinschmi
Local Performer

I am hearing ads on my Pandora Plus account. This occurred during my trial periods also. Why is this happening? How do I reach someone at an Pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@lindakleinschmi It looks like the advertisements you are getting are being triggered when you attempt to stream content on demand.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Jkb333
Local Performer

Wendy, when I log in to my account, I get ads, can’t repeat songs and my favorite songs don’t play. I re-subscribed about a month ago. Not receiving the pandora plus benefits.

thanks

jkb333

janice

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jkb333 That is happening because you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

For a complete explanation on why you are still getting ads with your Pandora Plus subscription, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

1johnny
Local Performer

Now Pandora making you listen to an ad if you want to replay a song? I've been a subscriber for 15+ years  they're about to lose me for that.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@1johnny Nice to see you around the community!

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

The ability to stream content on demand is only an option with a Pandora Premium subscription.

For a complete explanation of why you may still be hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps explain. 

0 Kudos

1johnny
Local Performer

I realized my card need to be changed.   But the only different between Plus and Premium is with premium you can share your play list.  They're making me play an.ad when I want to reply certain songs that's not right!  

( With Pandora Plus, users can enjoy unlimited skips and some offline listening for $4.99 a month. Pandora Premium offers all of the same features as Pandora Plus, plus unlimited offline listening and the ability to create and share playlists, all for $9.99 a month.)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@1johnny I see where the confusion is coming from - the main benefit of Pandora Premium is to give you the ability to stream content on-demand.

If you are looking to play a specific song or album, you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium to enjoy those benefits.

Otherwise, you will still have the ability to search for specific songs to play, or reply songs that have already played (as long as you watch an ad to initiate a free session of Pandora Premium first).

I'm happy to further break down the differences between Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium.

Simply put, Pandora Plus subscribers get access to our industry-leading internet radio and podcast service with added features to enhance the listening experience.

With Pandora Plus, listeners have:

• Ad-free music;

• Unlimited skips;

• The ability to replay songs;

• The option to download radio stations for offline listening.

A Pandora Plus subscription is $4.99 USD monthly or $54.89 annually.*

So Pandora Premium subscribers can:

• Listen to songs or albums on-demand;

• Create custom playlists;

• Download songs, albums or playlists for offline listening;

• Access Higher Quality Audio;

• Queue content to keep the music playing.

I hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

matt713
Local Performer

I paid for a subscription but I’m not getting the benefits. It says I have pandora plus but it’s still acting as if I haven’t paid for it. The charge went through on my card. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@matt713 I moved your post to this thread since you were running into a similar issue.

With a Pandora Plus subscription, you will still be prompted to watch an ad before attempting to stream content on demand - that is a feature that is only available with upgrading to Pandora Premium.

With that being said, we allow free and Pandora Plus users to initiate free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad - this allows you the ability to do things such as pick a specific song to play, without actually having to pay for a full subscription. 

For a complete explanation of why you may still be hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Doctora
Local Performer

I have been paying for this subscription so that I do not hear ads however they continue to appear. Can you please help with this???

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Doctora, thanks for posting to community. I moved your message over to an existing thread about this: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I recommend checking out @AdamPandora accepted solution here for more info on why you may still be receiving ads. 

If this isn't doesn't fit your issue, feel free to let us know. Thanks for being part of community! 

0 Kudos

Doctora
Local Performer

Hey pandora!

it states if you pay the $4.99 for plus you won’t get ads. I don’t want the premium nor do i need it. But i do expect pandora to honor their subscription for no ads with a pandora plus

0 Kudos