cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Repetitive Ads

bumperpool
Local Performer

Pandora please, cancel your Tide ad "coffee stain on my white shirt"

It is the most irritating ad I have ever heard in my life, I can't believe how ubiquitous it is in my car, on TV, and the internet.  Literally told my wife to stop buying Tide products because of it, and change channels to try to avoid that corny frustrating advert.  The actor/singer in it should be ashamed.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @guero

Thanks for writing, and for the feedback on our ads. As I'm sure you can imagine, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Our objective is to do our best to balance these, but It's something that we'll be working at for a long time to come.

If you're finding the advertisements distracting, we do have a couple of advertising-free subscription services to offer. Both offer higher quality audio streams, as well as higher quality audio and a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

Pandora Plus, for instance, includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora.

However, rest assured that we have noted your feedback for our advertising team, either way.

Thanks for joining the community! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
73 Replies

jenniferlynn065
Local Performer
Why do I get the same WIC ad that has been constantly playing for months? I do not want to upgrade but do the ads ever change? I get it, Wisconsin helps out with children.
0 Kudos

Phobernomicon
Local Performer

I get it, it feels like an attack because the ads are supposedly marketed to us based on info they have gathered.  I'm vegan and I only get Dairy farm and meat it's whats for dinner ads...

guero
Local Performer

The Amazing Deals Xmas song is an aberration of the original...please take it down it is annoying

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @guero

Thanks for writing, and for the feedback on our ads. As I'm sure you can imagine, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Our objective is to do our best to balance these, but It's something that we'll be working at for a long time to come.

If you're finding the advertisements distracting, we do have a couple of advertising-free subscription services to offer. Both offer higher quality audio streams, as well as higher quality audio and a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

Pandora Plus, for instance, includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora.

However, rest assured that we have noted your feedback for our advertising team, either way.

Thanks for joining the community! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Golbez
Local Performer

I keep getting a particular ad on repeat CONSTANTLY.  Is there any way I can block one particular ad?  Or get it to stop coming up?  Do I need to delete and re-create my account?

chrisgp
Local Performer

Please stop playing that annoying tide commercial, if i hear it again i swear i will stop listening to Pandora. 

Thats it heard it again after 8 minutes!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @chrisgp. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora. However, rest assured that we have noted your feedback for our advertising team, either way. 

0 Kudos

marcylong3
Local Performer

If I have to listen to one more of these stupid fake peloton commericals I am going to shut this **ahem** off and delete it forever.   Please find something different.  I don't mind commercials, but you play this one all freaking day.. 

I'm over it!  Sick of the fake commercials.

Stitch
Local Performer

Really, there are other services. The detergent and toilet paper ads in particular are the worst. I understand why Pandora needs to advertise, but sweet Christ- these are awful. Someone is paying an ad team to write this trash. Signed up for Spotify recently and these really terrible advertisements (and their incessant replay) are making me seriously consider dropping Pandora altogether.

TannerPandora

Hi @Stitch I've moved your post to an existing thread to help keep things organized. 

We appreciate you taking the time to report your feedback on these ads, I've passed this info on to our ads team. 

Thanks for posting to community! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

oneninetieth
Local Performer

Pandora, if you're reading, the Tide detergent ads are annoying to the point that I want to turn off Pandora.

chogg1212
Local Performer

I don't know about anyone else, but I am really fed up with the annoying TIDE commercials. They aren't even funny, they are just annoying. I am refusing to listen to Pandora utnil they stop playing the TIDE commercials every other song.

The other commercials are fine, but then comes the blarring TIDE commercials. Enough is enough. I was actually going to pay for a subscritpion to Pandora but decided not to based on the TIDE.

Sarah83
Local Performer

is there a way for me to block tide ads I'm allergic to tide I am tired of hearing about tide being all good and everything well it gives me huge hives everywhere and it's painful I don't want to hear about it

randall717
Local Performer

I agree, after having to listen to the same ad over and over and over again, there is no way on this green earth that I will ever buy a Peloton. The talking-too-fast-annoying-voice is a detriment to the very purpose of the ad in the first place.  UGH, I can't stand it.

bfr960
Local Performer

agreed

laurareilly12
Local Performer

I have stopped using Tide because of these commercials and am trying to figure out how to use Spotify because I'm angry with Pandora for playing these ads.  I understand commercials - just not these!

laurareilly12
Local Performer

Like others, I have thought about a subscription service to avoid the Tide ads but am wondering if Pandora is purposefully playing these absolutely horrible ads just to push us into subscriptions so am stubbornly refusing.

searud
Local Performer

there is a 100% chance that Pandora sought (and has successfully found) the world's most annoying ads to push people to subscribe to the ad-free version. I'm just surprised Tide agreed to it...it's surely helping Pandora like crazy, but unclear how it's helping Tide

Jacque2124
Local Performer

The Tide AD on my pandora plays unnecessarily 50+ times a day and every single time it takes every ounce in my body to not bang my head in my desk until I am unconscious. Please, for the love of all things holy destroy all Tide ADs with the most disgustingly obnoxious woman on the planet's voice. It legitimately ruins my entire day when I hear it ever. My anger and anxiety is uncontrollable when I hear it. I will never buy Tide products ever again or listen to Pandora ever again if it continues to be played.