cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Myriamele
Local Performer

I received a notification last month that my payment method wasn't working, but, the card information was all correct, and any other payments I was making were working fine.  Since I didn't want to have to deal with this again, I went ahead and changed my payment method to Paypal, however, I don't want to use Paypal, I want to go back to using my debit card.  I am unable to change it in the subscription section of my account - I've tried using the help info in the faq, but that isn't working, because when I try to change my subscription, so I can get to the account information, all it does is change the subscription, and doesn't allow me to access the payment method.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
62 Replies

Notez
Local Performer

It's insane that this is still an issue...

I have to cancel my plan and then let the entire month run out before I can update my payment method to something other than Paypal

This alone makes a decade old user want to rethink using Pandora

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Notez I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Cyrano_deBird
Local Performer
Hi -

This issue was resolved like a year ago. It still seems silly that I had to
let my subscription lapse and then re-enroll in order to change my payment
method, but I did that and everything is good now.

In the last 6 months I've gotten about half a dozen messages about this from
the community and/or support. I've tried to tell you the issue is resolved
but it doesn't seem to be taking. I'm going to try 'muting the message' and
see if that gets this settled for everyone.

Bill Bentley
0 Kudos

rrurban
Local Performer

This is absolutely stupid that we have to wait until the subscription runs out in order to change payment methods (from PayPal to direct billing).. I think I'll just cancel and subscribe to YouTube. 

verdeviola
Local Performer

I want to switch from using Paypal, to a credit card.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@verdeviola I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

For instructions on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

j11bma
Local Performer

I don't want to use Pay Pal. My Pay Pal account was hacked. How else can I pay for my subscription?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j11bma I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

For instructions on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Mshoss48
Local Performer

I still have my payment method as paypal and the card I want to use is the first one to come up.  I am not cancelling my subscription and then redoing it. A lot of trouble.  Just keep using paypal.

Cindy Hoskins

0 Kudos

myhinie
Local Performer

I canceled my Paypal account because I kept getting hacked. I'd just like to pay with a credit cards. My payment is good until March 2023. I've canceled auto renewal on PayPal already. What should I do now? Will I lose my play list and stations?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@myhinie No - none of your collection will be lost if you switch from PayPal to a credit card.

When your current subscription expires and you start hearing ads on your account, you can resubscribe using a credit card here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

SMSPARK
Local Performer

I've just spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to do this, and the only answer I see is this one from 3 1/2 years ago.  Is this REALLY still the only option?  If so, is the only difference just the ads?  Like, I won't lose anything I've done with my collections etc by cancelling and re-doing the premium subscription, right?  This seems like a serious flaw in the system.  It should be WAY easier than this!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SMSPARK No - canceling your subscription through PayPal and resubscribing directly through our website will not result in the loss in any of your collected content. 

All Premium content will be restored as soon as you resubscribe directly through our website.

If you run into any issues, you can always contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

SMSPARK
Local Performer

Just one point to confirm on - my subscription was not ‘through’ PayPal - I subscribed on the website.  PayPal has nothing to do with my subscription except to pay for it.  Does that make any difference?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SMSPARK No - that does not make any difference.

All Premium content will still be restored as soon as you resubscribe using a different card.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

wwmarshall6
Local Performer

My account is set up to be paid via PayPal. I no longer have a PayPal account. How do I change my payment method?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wwmarshall6 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tmaynes
Local Performer

I need to change my payment method away from PayPal.  There is no option to do this in the subscriptions page.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tmaynes I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

gpearson17
Local Performer

More than three years later and this is still broken. I guess requesting a basic feature is a pointless endeavor.

0 Kudos