cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Apple to Student Plan

mmosher1
Local Performer

I recently discovered that you can get pandora premium at a much cheaper rate as a student, I am a college student so this would make it much more practical for me to have pandora, rather than paying the 12.99 a month I do now. Is there a way to switch over to this or do I have to make a whole new account? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmosher1 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student or Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription through Apple and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the student or military rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

I hope this helps! 😎

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmosher1 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student or Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription through Apple and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the student or military rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

I hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

Brianna
Local Performer

I’m trying to switch my subscription from Pandora plus to Pandora premium with the student discount. It told me to cancel the previous subscription so I did when I look on my phone it says I canceled it but on that says I didn’t

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brianna I had our support team take a look at your account, and they have confirmed that your previous Pandora Plus subscription has now ended.

You should now be able to upgrade to the Student plan here

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

Halleholloway
Local Performer

How can I start my student subscription? How do we get a hold of people to help us with Pandora. My premium account is cancelled I put in for the student account and was verified. How do we activate it. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Halleholloway I moved your post over to this thread since you have a similar question.

Contacting the Pandora support team:

Our support team can always be contacted directly by submitting a message through our help page

Switching to the student plan:

It looks like your account is still upgraded to Pandora Premium through Apple. You will first need to wait until that subscription fully expires, and you start hearing ads again.

Once ads start playing on your account, you can sign up for the student plan here.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Dilightful1
Local Performer

So being a hard-working student or better yet a military veteran who puts their lives on the line for people just to sit around on computers, you’re telling us that we have to completely start from scratch, forget all the years of music with compiled on Pandora to create a new account? You can’t just allow us to sign up first in a military discount?? WOW! What a great company!! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dilightful1 You won't actually need to start from scratch by creating a brand new account.

I took a look at the Pandora account connected to your Community profile and can see it is already set up with the free service.

This means that you can sign up for the student or military plan immediately.

You can apply for the student or military rate using your existing account from our website.

Let me know if you run into any issue with this. 

0 Kudos

Hartless623
Underground

I understand that I need to cancel one subscription before I can sign up for a new one. So I cancelled my Pandora Plus subscription, it said it would expire the first of the month (which was yesterday) but I'm still not able to sign up for Pandora Premium.

I'm still getting the message "Unable to subscribe to Pandora Premium Student.
You're currently subscribed to Pandora Plus via iTunes. The Pandora Premium Student Plan isn't currently available through iTunes." -- how can I confirm that my Pandora Plus subscription has been cancelled so I can get Premium?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hartless623 Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Apple billing system, so I'm not able to tell whether you successfully disabled auto renewal. The best thing to do would be to revisit your Apple subscription page to check. You can view Apple's see or cancel your subscription steps for more info.

Alternatively, you could contact the Apple support team directly, and let them know that you'd like to verify that you have canceled the auto renewal on your subscription.

Once that subscription fully expires and you start hearing ads again, you should then be able to sign up for the student plan.

Hope this helps!

YQ
Local Performer

How long does it take from the subscription that is billed by Apple to be cancelled once it says it’s been cancelled and it has already expired? I’m trying to get that pandy premium. Student ofc 😂

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YQ Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Apple billing system, so I'm not able to tell whether you successfully disabled auto renewal. The best thing to do would be to revisit your Apple subscription page to check. You can view Apple's see or cancel your subscription steps for more info.

Alternatively, you could contact the Apple support team directly, and let them know that you'd like to verify that you have canceled the auto renewal on your subscription.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the student rate from our website.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

wahah98813
Local Performer

@mmosher1 wrote:

I recently discovered that you can get pandora premium at a much cheaper rate as a student, I am a college student so this would make it much more practical for me to have pandora, rather than paying the 12.99 a month I do now. Is there a way to switch over to this or do I have to make a whole new account? 

To improve my grades, I've started using StoryboardThat's resources like their sorting pictures worksheet (Go to website to check out). This worksheet has been a game-changer in helping me grasp the concept of alphabetical order and sorting. The clear and engaging design of the worksheet makes learning fun and effective. I've found it particularly useful in subjects that require categorization and understanding sequences.

Thanks for sharing! 

0 Kudos