cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Apple to direct-billed subscription

genghisjr
Local Performer

My subscription ends today and I want to change my renewal payment from Itunes to paypal..

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@genghisjr I created a separate thread for your post since you had a separate question.

Since your subscription is being processed through your Apple ID, you will need to cancel that subscription via Apple and then wait for it to expire. Please check out Apple's cancellation steps for more info on how to manage your subscription.

If you have any trouble with these steps, please contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you.

Once you start hearing ads on your account, you can then upgrade directly through the Pandora website with a credit card or PayPal account.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@genghisjr I created a separate thread for your post since you had a separate question.

Since your subscription is being processed through your Apple ID, you will need to cancel that subscription via Apple and then wait for it to expire. Please check out Apple's cancellation steps for more info on how to manage your subscription.

If you have any trouble with these steps, please contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you.

Once you start hearing ads on your account, you can then upgrade directly through the Pandora website with a credit card or PayPal account.

Hope this helps!

E_Maddox
Local Performer

Can  you confirm I won't lose my stations if I cancel the subscription to switch to direct through Pandora, and that I'll still be able to access it on my phone as normal?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@E_Maddox Canceling your subscription through Apple, and resubscribing directly through Pandora will not result in the loss of any of your stations or thumb feedback.

You'll also still be able to access your account on all of your devices (including your phone) as normal.

Hope this helps clarify! 

mcdorkus
Local Performer

My credit card expired and pandora shut me off pretty much without warning.  Ok, fine, whatever.  I made the HUGE mistake of thinking I could just reactivate my subscription via my phone.  Well I got the wrong plan (apparently I was on premium before and not plus, like I would have any idea) and I want to change plans and I don't want to manage any subscriptions through Apple because it's too messy to deal with over there.  Even though I've unsubscribed on Apple Pandora still thinks I have an active plan on Apple because it's good through August 5.  So I'm stuck with a plan where I can't listen to playlists when I'm not connected (e.g. in the mountains) for another month and I don't want to upgrade on Apple for the reason I just mentioned above.  Can you guys help me clean this mess up?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcdorkus I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

afranco69x
Local Performer

how to unlink Pandora from apple so billing is direct with Pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@afranco69x I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching from Apple to direct-billed subscription

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Apple so that you can instead resubscribe directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Carlareed50
Local Performer

I just wanted to use my card. Not Apple Pay 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Carlareed50 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching from Apple to direct-billed subscription

I checked your account and it seems like you're billed through Apple.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Apple so that you can instead resubscribe directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

TheBlackCat
Local Performer

How long does it take for me to be able to change my billing from apple to Pandora directly. I cancelled my subscription 2 weeks ago and cannot pay on Pandora. Does it need to fully expire before I can renew?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheBlackCat I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching from Apple to direct-billed subscription

Yes - you will need to wait until your subscription through Apple fully expires. When your account reverts back to the free service and you start hearing ads again, you can then resubscribe directly through Pandora here.

If you'd prefer to forgo the remaining time you have left on your Apple subscription so that you can upgrade through Pandora immediately, let me know and I can put you in touch with someone from our support team. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

TheBlackCat
Local Performer

Thank you.  It expired yesterday but I am still unable to subscribe via Pandora directly.  Would love to upgrade this asap.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheBlackCat It looks like your account has now reverted back to the free service.

If you'd like to resubscribe directly through Pandora, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos