I am subscriber probably for over 10 years and since SiriusXM bought Pandora it has gone down hill rapidly. I was thinking of upgrading to a family account but no way. Why?
- there is no customer service, none. A community is not customer service.
- After each song I have to tell Alexa to restart Pandora, **ahem**?
- The Pandora app on my phone keeps notifying me, even I swiped it away. Only app doing this.
- Now my Linux client, Pithos stopped working. It worked for the last 5 years.
Pandora better fix all of the above or I am moving on.
mod edit: changing title for clarity
Hi @fsiepm, thanks for posting to community.
To answer your questions:
1. "there is no customer service, none. A community is not customer service."
However, we're happy to help in any way we can on community. If we're not able to assist, we can escalate to our User Support team for further assistance.
2. "After each song I have to tell Alexa to restart Pandora, **ahem**?"
There is sounds like a current thread we have here on community: Plays one song on Alexa then stops
We're aware of this issue, and have been working along side Amazon on this. I've added your info to our ticket.
Can you let me know what model Alexa you have and the generation?
3. "The Pandora app on my phone keeps notifying me, even I swiped it away. Only app doing this."
I believe this is the same issue found here: Unable to dismiss player notification
This is currently being worked on my our engineering team. I've added your info to our ticket but would appreciate if you can get back to me with the following:
4. "Now my Linux client, Pithos stopped working. It worked for the last 5 years."
Unfortunately, there are far more Linux distributions and configurations than we have the capacity to test, so we do not officially support the use of Pandora on Linux clients.
Hope this helped to answer your questions.
1. Thank you for sharing how to contact the help desk. Not sure why this is not more obvious, particular a font size, I have never seen so small before on a website, is not very supportive of anyone finding anything.
2. - 3. I cannot share this in an open forum. More than happy to share with support via email.
4. The Pithos client has played Pandora for the last 5 years on various Linux distributions I have used. It might have been a decade ago when you had issues with different distributions. Now you have repositories that come with a distribution and Pithos is part of the repository. You simply click and installs.
I think this has more to do with changes Pandora is making after the acquisition by SiriusXM, which also has streaming as an offering.
@fsiepm Thank you for sharing your additional feedback.
If you aren't comfortable sharing that information, you can contact our support team for additional assistance through the link @TannerPandora provided.
If you run into any issues sending that message to our support team through the help site, let me know.