cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitch Streaming

bronxie
Local Performer

Hello

I am a streamer on twitch and pay for pandora plus.  I wish to use music whilst streaming, and dodge DCMA copyright strikes.  Is there any kind of collection of royaltyfree music on pandora that we might be able to use while streaming? I would very much like to not buy any other music subscriptions but still have music on my stream.  Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bronxie Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Broadcasting Pandora over Twitch.tv is a violation of our Terms of Use.

As a general rule, any time you play music in a public place, you must have the proper licenses and pay the required royalties. Pandora operates under a statutory license available in the US Copyright Code. Any enterprise outside of personal, individual use requires a type of license that Pandora can only provide through its partner, Mood Media.

You can read more about your individual license to use the service under our Terms of Use in Section 6 here.

Hope this helps explain. 😄

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bronxie Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Broadcasting Pandora over Twitch.tv is a violation of our Terms of Use.

As a general rule, any time you play music in a public place, you must have the proper licenses and pay the required royalties. Pandora operates under a statutory license available in the US Copyright Code. Any enterprise outside of personal, individual use requires a type of license that Pandora can only provide through its partner, Mood Media.

You can read more about your individual license to use the service under our Terms of Use in Section 6 here.

Hope this helps explain. 😄

bronxie
Local Performer

Thank you for response! Pandora business does not seem to cover licensing related to online streaming.  Thank you.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bronxie Always happy to help. 😎

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

patrick99
Local Performer

Well spotify and monstercat gold do just that.

0 Kudos

drakegowan
Local Performer

We all know Youtube and Twitch are having major issues with DMCA claims. If anyone has info or input on where to look to find any potential information on whether Pandora is in on the conversation please email me.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drakegowan I moved your post over to this existing thread: Twitch Streaming

For more information around this, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

BossStatus719
Local Performer

So...I am still a bit confused on this topic and want to make sure that I stay on the right side. If we go with a Business account does that change anything?

0 Kudos

oatraa
Opening Act

it's a little under 30$/mo, for apparently unlimited use on twitch or other (one at a time, not two different things at the same time, like not your basement and your mom's house, or business)

there is an optional pandora device for 99$, depending on your choice of subscription type

Jim R
0 Kudos

rokynutz
Local Performer

This makes absolutely no sense. By Sirius Holding's definition, you just stated, that EVERY person(last checked, a little below 50M) that uses the app or browser-based client, violates this ToU. If we aren't utilizing headphones, we are violating the ToUs. ANY place, outside of headphones is an open forum, by Sirius Holdings definition. If we enjoy the music under YOUR Statutory license, by proxy, wouldn't everyone around us enjoy it under the same license? Regardless, if one were to be in their vehicle, stopped at a light, windows down, or listening to their favorite station while playing a game on a streaming service? These ToUs need to be revised. This one change would bring exponential users to the platform.

oatraa
Opening Act

I don't think it would bring any users, but it is a good idea to be more specific in the ToS.

Supposing it goes to court the judge would probably order the ToS be rewritten.  But till that happens it kind of doesn't matter.  People will just use it as they desire.  Or they might go for the upgrade to the 30/mo plan.

It's more of a set of guidelines and a safety net for the company, so they can point to ToS and say see we told you already.  Lawyers require it, insurance companies require such things.

What would the rewrite look like though?  It's very difficult to be exactly precise with words on a paper, but it can be done.  Also it has to be something all the parties can agree on, marketing, PR, legal, etc.

Jim R
0 Kudos