cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to join Family Plan

kndwds
Local Performer

My husband invited me to join his free period family plan, I accepted the invite but when I log in with my individual account..it is asking me to upgrade.  How do i determine if I really have been added to his plan.

thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kndwds Our support team took a quick look at your account and can confirm that it has not been added to any family plan subscriptions yet.

Since it sounds like your husband is the master account holder of the family plan, he will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance with getting additional accounts added.

He can send them a message directly here.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kndwds Our support team took a quick look at your account and can confirm that it has not been added to any family plan subscriptions yet.

Since it sounds like your husband is the master account holder of the family plan, he will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance with getting additional accounts added.

He can send them a message directly here.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

tS2
Local Performer

I have signed up for a family account and sent an invitation to my daughter's email address so that she can join it.  she canceled her premium account.  However, whenever she clicks on accept the invitation it asks her for a password.  She cannot use the password for her premium account because it takes her to the premium account.  What password does she use to sign into the family account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tS2 I am going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to help with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 😁

0 Kudos

Ergo
Local Performer

How can it be that this is such an on-going problem?  If my daughter did not already have playlists that she wants to preserve I would never, ever put up with this nonsense.  

Like so many people, I canceled my Pandora Premium account which was billed through iTunes and waited for it to lapse so that I could upgrade to Premium Family through the website on a computer.  (Absurd).  I signed into my account and upgraded to Premium Family.  I sent out invitations to my daughter and wife.  When they click on the "accept" button via their email they are asked to enter an email and password.  This should be made more clear to begin with:  do they enter the master account holder information or new information?  In this case it doesn't matter.  Neither works.  If they enter the account holder info they are told they already have an account.  If they enter new information they are told it's wrong.  

What is the problem here, folks?  

Nevermind.  I figured it out myself.  Not clear how to do it.  Like I said--only reason I persevered was because of my daughter.  Someone needs to impress upon the powers that be at Pandora--whoever influences software development--that this should be much easier to do.  Tryin' to give you my money but you're making it difficult.  Not a problem you want customers having.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ergo When adding other individuals to your Premium Family subscription, they would need to sign in using the email address and password associated with their personal Pandora accounts - not the master account holder's info.

This being said, it does sound like you were able to figure this out on your end.

Feel free to reach back out if you run into any other issues down the line.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

SariNotSorry
Local Performer

My mom has a family plan and she has been trying to add me, but when she goes to subscription, there is no option to manage family

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SariNotSorry It looks like you were able to successfully join the Premium Family plan.

Let us know if there's anything else you need assistance with.

0 Kudos