cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play new stations with Pandora Plus

kat-65
Local Performer

I upgraded to Pandora Plus to listen to new stations, but I continue to get prompts to watch a short ad first, but there is nowhere to choose to watch an ad if I wanted to.  My subscription shows that I have Pandora Plus.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kat-65 You should be able to listen to artist or song stations without having to watch an advertisement.

Can you please let me know the names of one of the stations you are still prompted to watch an ad for before playing?

Also, please send me a screenshot of the station as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

kat-65
Local Performer

kat65_0-1670869807803.png

kat65_7-1670870272297.png

kat65_8-1670870282518.png

kat65_9-1670870464856.png

kat65_10-1670870477255.png

Do you need anything else? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kat-65 Thanks for sending that over.

With Pandora Plus, you won't be able to play a specific song or album without having to watch an ad first.

You can however start a station for a specific track or artist - here is a link to that station in your screenshot: Christmas Jazz (Instrumental) by Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Holiday)

I went ahead and added the station to your collection for you on my end.

For future reference, here is a screenshot of how you can play a specific station:

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.47.05 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kat-65
Local Performer

The screenshot won't show.  

Thank you for clarifying the difference on the upgrades. 

Regarding the ads.   I never get past the "Play Song now" part.  If I click on the "Play song" icon that prompt goes away and I'm back at the previous screen.  So I can't even watch the ad if i want to. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kat-65 That sounds like a separate issue.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device when you are unable to watch the ad?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos