cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade to Premium through Amazon

amaya-lilliana
Local Performer

I've just got a Premium subscription, and the app itself even indicates that this is so.

However, the songs I'd added to my Collection are missing; playing the songs for which I've searched requires me to watch a video, with a caveat only shown on free accounts; and the app is behaving in a generally wonky way. 

I've signed in with the proper account (I've only one); I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times; I've shut down and restarted my kindle numerous times; I've tried to contact support, but the system decided to just kick me out altogether; and I've received emails confirming my subscription -and- a subsequent (and belated) change to my postcode.

...i am, apparently, a dunce: I'd thought I'd got the Premium subscription, but it's actually Pandora Plus. i hadn't realised there were tiers of subscriptions until about two minutes ago, whilst scrolling through more community pages, and i just was reading about the differences between the two.

now will have to see if I'm able to upgrade.

apologies for my...dunci-ness.

i tried getting the Premium subscription started, but i saw that I'll have to wait until the Plus trial runs out.  however, i WAS able somehow to sign up for a Premium trial; i don't know what happened, but upon starting the app this morning, i got notification that a free trial has nevertheless commenced.

when i go to Subscriptions, however, it shows still that I'm under the Plus.

my goal was Premium all along, so please advise as to where i actually am.  I'm so confused, lol.

thanks !

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amaya-lilliana Our support team has taken a look at your account and they have informed me that your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Amazon.

Unfortunately, the option to upgrade to Pandora Premium is not available through Amazon at this time.

What you will need to do is cancel your current subscription through Amazon and wait for it to expire.

When you start hearing ads again, you can then sign up for Pandora Premium here

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amaya-lilliana Our support team has taken a look at your account and they have informed me that your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Amazon.

Unfortunately, the option to upgrade to Pandora Premium is not available through Amazon at this time.

What you will need to do is cancel your current subscription through Amazon and wait for it to expire.

When you start hearing ads again, you can then sign up for Pandora Premium here

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community!