cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Cash App charges

Meeche
Local Performer

At 12:27 AM, an unauthorized transaction of $15.06 went through my cash app account made by Pandora Media, LLC. I don’t use Pandora and I’ve never signed up for any subscription. I’ve been trying to contact someone for hours and yet I still haven’t gotten a response. I really need this money before I go somewhere on Saturday. I want my money back immediately.

Labels (1)
44 Replies

Wolfe1
Underground

I checked mine and i think that cash app mislabels it as pandora but is actually youtube, I got charged from "Pandora media LLC" and its the same exact amount as I was getting charged from youtube premium, and I haven't been charged youtube premium for 2 months now

youtube premium charge - February 2

Pandora Media LLC charge - March 2

I believe that it is just mislabeled

Linton2465
Opening Act

I have not had YouTube premium ever. The same thing happened to me with PlayStation somebody used PlayStation and taking money out my account hundreds of dollars at a time. Cash app has done their investigation and come to the conclusion that somebody else did it and they refunded my money. 

0 Kudos

givemymoneyback
Local Performer

I just got charged by Pandora Media, LLC with a clear logo of yours. I haven't had this service ever. I made a dispute email but still haven't received a response. Why is there not a customer service number?  This emailing and waiting is so frustrating.

It seems like this happens alot with your company. I look up similar issues and see the same robotic response. I don't expect mine to be any different but I guess it will serve as an update to other users that your company still makes these charges at random. I've never had your service and I simply want a refund but of course, there's no customer service number to call. How convenient for a company that has been around as long as this one has to be restricted to email and brick wall AI responses. I feel scammed and robbed. I've disputed with my bank because I'm confident nothing will come from customer support. PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH A REFUND!!

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

Mirandax0x
Underground

If you have youtube premium cashapp is doing weird things with where it says the money is going. It's not really pandora, it's still just paying your YT bill. I was confused when I saw it. I think it's just a cashapp glitch with the merchant name 

0 Kudos

Mirandax0x
Underground

Yep! That's what mine is doing, I noticed last month- and that even tho it was billed normal the months before that, it shows those payments now as "pandora" - seems like a cashapp maybe merchant code error clumping music subscriptions together on accident . 

0 Kudos

Mirandax0x
Underground

Well, sounds like that is what happens to you however this is happening to many people where their YouTube accounts are coming back showing it was actually charged to Pandora when it wasn't so I understand why he thought that was maybe what was going on with you

0 Kudos

Mirandax0x
Underground

Contact your financial institution and check your monthly auto pulls. My youtube shows up randomly as pandora now. Not pandoras fault- cashapps fault. Still the money is going where its supposed to. Just being mislabeled. I'd complain to cashapp, not here

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@givemymoneyback If this is a charge you are seeing on your Cash App account, please check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

In the meantime, I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Linton2465
Opening Act
I thank you for your info but I don't even pay for YouTube. I know Pandora
has nothing to do with you the same way of done with PlayStation people
were having problems with PlayStation supposedly taking money out of the
account but it wasn't PlayStation it was somebody else but my bank accounts
handled it and we're good to go
0 Kudos

Linton2465
Opening Act
Thank you for the answer but I don't have YouTube premium. I just have
standard YouTube nothing special I don't have no premium of anything.
0 Kudos

Srich0316
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue with MULTIPLE attempts at charges & one that went through. This is a problem with the company NOT with our banks. I need answers & a refund IMMEDIATELY!!

IMG_2652.png

Danpoora
Underground

I made a purchase inside COD Warzone Mobile with my cash app and it showed up as Pandora Media llc. Like they stated earlier in this thread this is not from Pandora nor is it their fault. The error must be on cash app or Google play. Think about any online purchases you or someone in your house might have made for the specific amount before freaking out and contacting pandora support.

Danpoora
Underground

To be more clear.. Cash App is miss labeling the charge as being from Pandora media llc. It probably is a legit charge from another company (possibly related to Google play) that cash app miss labeled.

0 Kudos

Acretens
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, I just reported it as a fraudulent charge to cash app. I don't have a subscription for Pandora. I think a fraudulent entity is using their name and logo. 

UncleMeat
Local Performer

Wow, some people here have no respect and just jump to conclusions. This charge everyone is getting is clearly a fake/scam charge most likely due to your personal information being sold or stolen from elsewhere. This is not Pandora's or Cashapp's fault. It's yours for not being more secure with your personal info. Get a new Cashapp card, get a new debit number, and be more careful with your info. Very simple. Yes, I got charged, but I always have my card locked, so I can technically blame myself too. But the blatant rudeness here is ridiculous.

0 Kudos

10cent
Local Performer

I just got a random charge of 15 dollars on Cash app from Pandora though I almost never heard of Pandora before, why? How do I get a refund?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@10cent I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unauthorized Cash App charges

Please check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

0 Kudos

Jpowell
Local Performer

I've had the same issue today around 1:00 p.m. Central Time where it charge $2.12 from Pandora Media, LLC

0 Kudos

NikkiLee23
Local Performer

My Cashapp is being charged and idk why?!

So I have a charge on my account for $5.95 that's trying to go through on my cashapp but I currently don't have any money on it. Sure when I do put money on it, it's going to take it. Is there any way I can stop this from happening?! I'm a single mother that's struggling as is, I can't afford to throw money away rn. TIA!! 🙂

0 Kudos

BKM541
Local Performer

Unauthorized charges for Pandora Media, LLC

I don't even use Pandora & yesterday a charge for $11.99 for Pandora Media, LLC is pending on my cash app! If the transaction goes thru I am disputing it. I have NEVER Subscribed to Pandora...I only created this user name so I could post this. Anybody have advice for me or is this a common scam that people get charged for & they're hoping ppl just won't notice the charges on their debit/credit card? Either way, I NOTICED immediately & I REFUSE to accept the charge! Thanks, Brenda M

0 Kudos