cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Error when Video Ads Try to Play

kkomenda67
Local Performer

I listen to Pandora (ad supported) over an Apple Watch.  When video ads try to play, I get:

"Sorry, Something Went Wrong"

"Please try again later"

Sometimes, the only way to clear this error is to reboot the watch.  

This can happen multiple times during a workout and is pretty disruptive.  If it continues, I will obviously need to use a different music service.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kkomenda67. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering those error messages. 

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

++

If the issue persists, I can go ahead and report this to our engineering team.

It's helpful to know:

• What iPhone model do you have?
  • Apple Watch Model: 
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

WDM
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue… Pandora is playing fine on my iWatch and when it hits/tries to play an Advertisement - I get the “oops, something went wrong Please try again later” error message. The only way I could clear from getting the error message was to uninstall Pandora from iWatch and then reinstall. It then would work fine… until once again an advertisement comes up and it errors out again! This issue seems to have started doing this since my recent updating to the latest watchOS 8.7? Any help solving appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kkomenda67 @WDM. 👋

Thank you both for reporting this issue. I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on an internal ticket. They will begin to investigate to see what's happening. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @WDM @kkomenda67. 👋

Our engineers are asking for additional details.

Are you streaming directly to the watch, or is the music is playing from your phone? 

Thanks for your help. 🎧

0 Kudos

kkomenda67
Local Performer
If I listen to Pandora over the watch, and select "Playing from Phone", everything works just fine.

If I listen to Pandora over the watch, and select "Playing from Watch", Pandora will stop working when some advertisements try to launch. I think that these are the video ads.

Once Pandora stops working, it is nearly impossible to get it working again unless I choose "Playing from Phone" or switch Pandora stations.

Thanks,
Karl

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your reply, @kkomenda67. Sharing this with the team now. 👍

0 Kudos