cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Won't play when separated from phone

S2846
Underground

Are u able to advise - Pandora will not play on my Apple Watch when separated from my iPhone. Everything works wonderful on my watch except when I want to play Pandora. Example, I go for a walk without my phone, only my watch. I can make calls, text, play other music apps but Pandora will not play. I have Verizon as my carrier. I have talked to Verizon and Apple. They said everything is fine on their end and I should contact Pandora instead. Can u help with this? I hate to have to give up Pandora

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, @S2846. It would be as if you were listening to the app normally. 

You should see a list of options including "Downloads". From that section, you can listen to downloaded music in offline mode. 

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @S2846. 👋

Thanks for your patience over the holiday weekend.

If you'd like to select whether to stream directly from your Apple Smart Watch or your mobile device using an Apple Watch series 3 or newer* please use the following steps:

• Return to the home screen by:
    • Swiping from left to right
    • Or tapping the arrow in the upper left corner
  • Scroll down the screen and select Playing from...
  • Tap Watch or Phone when prompted to select the device.

*Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 are not currently supported. Cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity is required to stream independently of a mobile device.*

++

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening and your experience?

1. Which Apple Watch do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)
  3. When you move away from your mobile device, are you using Bluetooth headphones?
  4. Do you receive any error messages when you attempt to stream without your mobile device?
  5. Could you confirm that you have your offline stations downloaded on your iPhone device? 

Something to note: First, you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app. If your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch.

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

S2846
Underground

When I switch from iPhone to Apple Watch, using the method you just suggested, the music does now play when I am separated from my phone. That problem is solved, thank you.
But- * is that music live streaming or is it downloaded? I  don’t want to listen to downloaded music on my watch. I want to listen to live just like on my phone.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, @S2846. It would be as if you were listening to the app normally. 

You should see a list of options including "Downloads". From that section, you can listen to downloaded music in offline mode. 

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

S2846
Underground

Thank you! I’m excited to use Pandora while exercising!😀

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help! Enjoy getting that movement in and happy listening! 💪🎶

0 Kudos