cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

darci_buttercup
Local Performer

Every time I use my apple watch on cellular data (away from my iphone).  it will start playing and then I will hear a beep in my ear and when the song ends it stops and when I go to the app it says "sorry something went wrong, please try again later" OR it will just stop playing after a song ends and when I go to the app it is on the play screen but it is paused and I can't click play because it is greyed out.  I have to go back to stations and reload the station I was listening to again.  It has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME for the last 2 months.  I am running iOS 14.1 on my iphone, watchOS 7.1, and pandora version 2010.1.  Please tell me there is a fix for this!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darci_buttercup Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

darci_buttercup
Local Performer

I tried both restarting and uninstalling the app and neither of them fixed the issues.  I still have it giving me the oops something went wrong error or just pausing and not allowing me to click play without backing back out and re-selecting the station again.  I have a series 3 watch and an iphone 8plus, all software including the app are up to date.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darci_buttercup Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

BA1234
Local Performer

Same issue that’s been going for me since I bought the watch in September. Will not play the next song, must manually hit play because it automatically pauses when each song is finished. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BA1234. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've been having trouble for quite some time. I'd like to share this information with our engineering team. 

Could you confirm whether you receive that exact error message?

Or, do you just experience playback issues with no errors (ex. manually pressing play to continue listening after each song)?

Could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. Which Apple Watch (Series 3, 4, etc.)?
  3. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

++

It also looks like your community profile is associated with a brand new Pandora account without any stations. If you're using a different account, let me know in your next post so I can private message you to gather the correct Pandora account you're using. Just to clarify, we do not post personal information publicly on the Pandora Community in order to protect your privacy.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

aden
Local Performer

when I go on to now playing it says something went wrong and I reset my Chromebook and it does the same thing 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @aden. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Could you confirm whether you're using your Apple Watch or your computer (Chromebook) device when this happens?

• If you're using your Chromebook, are you using the Pandora Desktop App or a web browser?
  • If you're using a web browser, which one?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

CPlunkett
Local Performer

Hello,

I just tried this and I'm still getting the error "Something went wrong". Can you please help me?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CPlunkett 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

If that error message continues to appear, can you please send us a picture of it?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos