cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering Issue while Connected to Bluetooth Speaker

insidemand2
Local Performer

I have been a Pandora subscriber (Premium) for many years and have rarely had any issues. For about a month now, I am having horrendous buffering issues. I connect thru my iPhone 7 wirelessly and then Bluetooth connect to my JBL Charger 3. I have rebooted the wireless router and my phone. No go, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app, still no good. I dropped my sound quality down, still no good. What is going on?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @insidemand2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering a buffering issue.

• Does this only happen when you connect to your JBL Charge 3 speaker via Bluetooth?
  • Do you experience the buffering issue when you attempt to listen the Pandora app from your iPhone, not using connected devices?
  • Have you tried repairing your iPhone 7 and your speaker? If you haven't already, I would recommend repairing your device.
    • To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
    • Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

insidemand2
Local Performer

The issue occurs whether I am using the iPhone speaker or the JBL Bluetooth device

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@insidemand2 Thanks for that additional info. 

While I have the trace enabled, it may be helpful to try out these steps again. 

You can try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your iPhone 7 device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

++

I would still like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 7
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

insidemand2
Local Performer

After further investigation, it appears to be directly related to my bluetooth connection. Playing through the phone has no issues but when I connect  to any of my bluetooth devices the buffering occurs. I have rebooted phone, forgot devices and paired the devices again but nothing is working

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @insidemand2. I can report this for you.

Would you mind sharing a few more details about your iPhone 7 device?

You can find the requested info here.

Let me know.

0 Kudos