cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Mini: Static and distorted voices plays during music

anjoru
Local Performer

I am listening to Pandora on my Mac Mini. The last two days when I play pandora, I hear staticky, distorted audio that sounds a little like commercials with humans speaking. I am not using any wireless speakers or devices and I have tried different browsers and even a 3rd party app and still hear it. It is very distracting.

It even continues for a few seconds after I hit pause on pandora.

This happened a few months ago and then stopped.  

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @anjoruWelcome to community! 👋

I checked your account and see your upgraded to a Premium subscription. You shouldn't receive ads so the messaging may be something else.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience, are you listening to Pandora on our website or the desktop app?

If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using? Does the same thing happen on other browsers?

Does this happen when listening to a station or playlist? Can you let me know the name of the station or playlist this most recently happened on.

Before reaching out, have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If yes, which steps have you already tried?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

anjoru
Local Performer

Thanks for the reply. I don't hear ads between the songs, there are distorted, faint ads that play when music is playing. I am using Chrome, I tried Safari and a third party app and still have the same issue. Playlists are affected too. I was listening to Ben Frost Station, but it has happened on all my stations. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @anjoru 

Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate this experience on my end through your Pandora tuner. Playback on stations and playlists appear normal when listening through Firefox and Chrome web browsers.

Do you have the same experience on a mobile device?

If not, then it may be related to your Mac Mini. In which case, I would close all open applications, ensure your device is updated to the most recent version and restart your computer.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and collected some additional information to pass along to our engineering team for review.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos